What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Adult/YA: Farmer girl finds dead twin sister is a princess?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 4 comments It starts off in the country with a girl whose uncle/grandfather(?)has died and she sets off to explore, she takes with her a horse, her granddads prized possessions, which may include an amulet. Along her journey she discovers she has a recently dead twin sister and now she has to take her place as royalty. I read this book between 2000-2005 I think. I don't remember the name or author or what the cover looks. Any suggestions are welcome!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Kelly, in which country does the story take place?
Is this a historical or fantasy novel?

A long shot - Meridon by Philippa Gregory?

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 4 comments I don't remember the country either, I was very young when I read it. But it is fantasy, as much as I can tell.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments The Bone Doll's Twin The Bone Doll's Twin (The Tamír Triad, #1) by Lynn Flewelling fits a little.

Was this part of a series?
Anything about the cover?

How far into the book does the girl realize she has to take her sister's place?
Is the majority of the story focused on the girl when she becomes royalty? Or, more on her adventures while exploring?

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 4 comments It's not the Bone Doll. It might be part of a series. I think it focuses more on her as a royal and less on her adventures. She finds out she's royal a few chapters in.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 4 comments You can see why this would be frustrating. I have very little memory of the book.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Kelly, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Kelly, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Meridon (other topics)
The Bone Doll's Twin (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Philippa Gregory (other topics)