J.D. Robb discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive-BOM Noms/Polls 2021 > September Book of the Month Nominations - Closed

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (last edited Aug 16, 2015 11:32AM) (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10448 comments Mod
Nominations are now being accepted for our Sept. Book of the Month. You may nominate any book from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genre or from any one of the many sub genres, with the exception of books by J.D. Robb and Nora Roberts. We explore Robb's In Death series in Buddy Reads & other discussions in this group. And we read & discuss Nora Roberts books with our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies. We encourage you to join the discussions any time.

Nominations for our September Book of the Month will be accepted through August 22. The poll for voting will open August 23 and close at midnight on August 29.

Monthly Book Discussion Guidelines

-Each member may nominate 2 books per month. Please include a link to the book when you nominate it.

-Nominated books must be from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genres or one of the many sub genres.

-Nominated books must be the first book in a series unless the Robb group has read the preceding books previously.

-J.D. Robb and Nora Robert books are not eligible for nomination. We invite you to join us as we explore the In Death series books in our In Death Buddy Reads and enjoy discussing the Nora Roberts titles in our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies.

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (bkind2books) | 150 comments I'd like to nominate Hello, Darkness by Sandra Brown

message 3: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments I would like to nominate fatal affair Marie Force. can't add book from my phone if someone might be willing to do it for me

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1) by Marie Force - (Added for Sheri)

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13550 comments Mod
Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton, Against All Odds #1
Wait for Me (Against All Odds, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton

Description
A woman without a past…

After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn’t feel right. She’s had no reason to question what friends and family have told her, not until her husband is suddenly killed and she finds a photo of a young girl in his office. A girl who can’t be anyone but a daughter Kate didn’t know she had.

A man desperate for a reason to live…

Ryan Harrison lost his wife in a plane crash five years ago. To cope with the pain of her loss, he dedicated himself to his job and to raising their daughter. Now a successful pharmaceutical executive, Ryan has everything a man could want—money, fame and power—but he’d give it all up in a heartbeat for just one more day with the woman he still loves.

Two lives about to converge.

As Kate begins to dig into a past she doesn’t remember, evidence leads her to San Francisco and puts her on the path toward Ryan, a man who sees in her the woman he loved and lost. Kate feels a draw to Ryan, one she can’t explain, but is that feeling enough to convince her this is where she’s supposed to be? As Ryan and Kate search for answers, they uncover lies long buried, a passion hotter than either expected and a danger that threatens…even now…when the second chance they’ve both been searching for is finally within reach.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

I loved Wait For Me! Good book!

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 66 comments Sandra Brown's new book, Friction by Sandra Brown

message 8: by Sandra (new)

If You Hear Her If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy, #1) by Shiloh Walker by Shiloh Walker

A CRY IN THE WOODS

The scream Lena Riddle hears in the woods behind her house is enough to curdle her blood—she has no doubt that a woman is in real danger. Unfortunately, with no physical evidence, the local law officers in small-town Ash, Kentucky, dismiss her claim. But Lena knows what she heard—and it leaves her filled with fear and frustration.

Ezra King is on leave from the state police, but he can’t escape the guilty memories that haunt his dreams. When he sees Lena, he is immediately drawn to her. He aches to touch her—to be touched by her—but is he too burdened by his tragic past to get close? When Ezra hears her story of an unknown woman’s screams, his instincts tell him that Lena’s life is also at risk—and his desire to protect her is as fierce as his need to possess her.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Our poll for voting on September's Book of the Month is now open. Please vote for the book you would most like to read and discuss with other members. The poll will remain open through midnight, August 29. You may access the poll from the homepage or via this link: September Book of the Month Poll.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.