Book Talk discussion

Dark Places
This topic is about Dark Places
Discussion > Dark Places

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 219 comments Mod
Libby Day was just seven years old when her evidence put her fifteen-year-old brother behind bars. Since then, she has been drifting. But when she is contacted by a group who are convinced of Ben's innocence, Libby starts to ask questions she never dared to before. Was the voice she heard her brother's? Ben was a misfit in their small town, but was he capable of murder? Are there secrets to uncover at the family farm or is Libby deluding herself because she wants her brother back? She begins to realise that everyone in her family had something to hide that day... especially Ben. Now, twenty-four years later, the truth is going to be even harder to find. Who did massacre the Day family?'

Hows it going guys?

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments I'm almost halfway done. I'm sorry it is taking so long! I keep getting distracted.

That's okay I can understand that, just wanted to make sure you were making some head way on it.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments I'm sorry! I just started a new job and I'm taking 2 courses this semester and I'm still getting used to it all. So crazy!

oh wow busy busy hope everything is going well for you.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Everything is going OK. Tried on more wedding dresses and survived haha. How are things with you? I never talk to you anymore and it makes me sad :-(

Wow sorry never saw this comment. Have you chosen a wedding dress yet? Have you guys set a date? I know we need to talk more! I think I will just put a chatting spot on here so that we can chat about anything and everything. Things are going well with me just having a fun time with all the spooky stuff this season! I love haunted houses and scary movies. Are you doing anything for Halloween?

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments We have a big Halloween party at the house. I'm going to be a vampire and Taylor is going to be my victim since he hates dressing up. Halloween is just so much fun! I love this time of year.

We haven't figured out the wedding dress but there are four options. I have about a year. We're getting married September 10th so at least I have time.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments Uh Wedding dresses! Super late to the convo but better late than never >.<
What style are you going for?

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Ballgown! Big and lacey

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments <3<3<3<3

My favorite!

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments I'll PM y'all pictures if you're interested

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments YAAAS! lol It's like you read my mind Brit. Legit

I do not like ballgowns but they look really pretty on you! I like all the ones that you PMed us except maybe the 3rd one down but all are so pretty. At least you have plenty of time to make all the decisions and find that perfect dress. I hope its not all to stressful for you.

Melissa where have you been hiding?

Aww how can someone hate dressing up for Halloween? Although what do I know I'm probably not going to dress up this year just going to haunted houses and on Halloween I am going to go to a writers thing from 10 pm - 2am for NaNoWriMo.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Lol thankgot! THat one is all of my bridesmaids' favorite but it's a little fussy with that skirt. Cool this is that it it a set of separates so i can get a different skirt. I'm super stressed but handling it ok I think.

And I have no idea why he hates it. Makes no sense to me. Haunted houses sound like fun!

Oh that's good then maybe just a different skirt is all that is needed. Your stressed out and you still have a year to plan how are you going to handle it with less than a month to go? lol We will be here if you ever have to rant or let out a little steam.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments I've been quite MIA right >.< Haven't seen much of you either ^_^
So, how have you been?

I'm good you doing anything this spooky season? I just got Nola Storycon tickets for next October so I am excited to see New Orleans next year. It is going to get busy when November hits since it is that time of year when I go on a writing extravaganza. What have you been up to as of late? Out of your reading slump?

message 20: by Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (last edited Oct 15, 2015 10:09PM) (new) - added it

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Raquel (Rocki) wrote: "Oh that's good then maybe just a different skirt is all that is needed. Your stressed out and you still have a year to plan how are you going to handle it with less than a month to go? lol We will ..."

It is impossible not to stress about it. There are so many expectations and pressures. I may have to take you up on the ranting offer haha

See this is why I am having one of my best friends marry me and Allen either in a graveyard or a botanical garden... haven't decided yet and calling it done. Basically the only decision I have to make is what I am going to wear and where I am going to have it. No stress :P

Ranting is always good for the soul!

message 22: by Melissa (Ever So Mela) (last edited Oct 16, 2015 05:46AM) (new)

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments If by spooky you mean stuck taking a month long course to help me prepare for the Medical Boards, then yes >.<
I think the only good thing is that my university is paying for the course, housing and the plane ticket ^_^ which only leaves food on me.

New Orleans, that's so awesome. I keep seeing it everywhere. I'd love to visit there one day.
You're entering Nanowrimo, right?
And, yes. I am FINALLY out of that slump. Not reading as much as before, but still reading something nonetheless.

oh getting ready for Medical boards is scary, I hope you do well. No pressure. :) Did they have to fly you some where special for this class?

Yep I am entering Nanowrimo going to write that whole month I hope to still get a couple of books done but writing is my main thing.

Yay no slump!

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Y'all we need to get this going again...

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments YES!! I completely agree <3 That'll get me picking up a book that isn't Harry Potter related. besides there are a couple of new-ish releases that look really promising.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments I just finished Hunted. Have y'all read it? It's fantastic.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments No, I haven't. I do have it though. Just been putting it off....for no reason at all >.>

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments Will be picking it up soon ^_^

So if we start this up again we should make a new list of books to read cause I was looking at the old list and there are quite a few I regret adding since I'll never pick them up. Also out taste might have changed since then

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Very true. We will definitely have to trim things up.

I have missed doing this as well!

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments I have missed y'all too! We need to start this up again

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* wrote: "I have missed y'all too! We need to start this up again"

Yaaaaaassssss!

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments We could always do zoom to talk about things!

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* wrote: "We could always do zoom to talk about things!"

I have never done zoom before but I am totally down!

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments AWW happy new year guys!!!I've missed you guys!!

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* (bwilliams2013) | 169 comments Hi Mel! Hope you are doing well

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments I am! how about you? how has everything been?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss OMG I haven't heard from you in forever Mel. I hope this year bring many new things and is better than the last.

I wasn't seeing these right away I had to change a setting so now I can see whenever a reply is posted to this group!

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments How have you guys been in all this insanity lately? hope you guys have been safe and healthy <3

I have been pretty good though it sucks not traveling. How have you been? Luckily in Oklahoma it hasn't been to bad for the most part it is pretty tame here compared to busier cities.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) (melissabaez) | 127 comments I've been good so far. In the beginning when NY was getting flooded with cases, it was very quiet down here in VA. Now we're seeing higher spikes of it but thankfully I haven't had too many encounters with cases lately.

I thought it was supposed to be slowing down guess not, I feel like it is never going to end. I have been reading a bit more thought because of it, though I need to start writing some since I am wanting to possibly publish next year maybe.