The Demented Book Club discussion

General > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nandini (new)

Nandini (thenabokoveffect) | 77 comments Mod
Hi everyone! My name is Nandini and I started this group so that we all can read one same book every month and discuss it while unleashing our fangirl selves! ^-^ Don't be afraid to use fangirl-slang, capitals, too many exclamations!!!!!! or any other sort of weird jazz 'cause hey! We're all in this together! Also, it'd be a good opportunity for us to discover other users and follow their reviews! Happy reading! x

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill (pandoricabooks) Hello, my name is Jill and I would loe to be in an actual book club, but we don't have one in my area so what better solution than Goodreads?
I amm very much looking forward to the first read-along

message 3: by Nandini (new)

Jill wrote: "Hello, my name is Jill and I would loe to be in an actual book club, but we don't have one in my area so what better solution than Goodreads?
I amm very much looking forward to the first read-along"

Welcome to The Demented Book Club, Jill! Hahaha, I though the same thing when I made this! Don't forget to vote for the September BOTM poll, and yes! Really, really looking forward to the first readalong! :) x

message 4: by Kaotic (new)

Kaotic (kaotic-cass) | 14 comments Hello. I'm Kaotic, and I'm excited to join a book club again. I was in one in high school, but that was a while ago and the last new book club I joined on here stopped being active, so I'm looking forward to this.

I guess a little bit about myself. I'm an artist and a writer who is in more fandoms than I care to count.

If anyone wants to chat, feel free. :)

message 5: by Nandini (new)

Kaotic wrote: "Hello. I'm Kaotic, and I'm excited to join a book club again. I was in one in high school, but that was a while ago and the last new book club I joined on here stopped being active, so I'm looking ..."

Welcome, Kaotic! I really hope you enjoy being a part of this book club! And hahaha, aren't we all? ^~^ Thanks for joining us! x

message 6: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliceandthebooks) Hi! My name is Alice :) I'm excited to be part of a new book club - I was in one before, but it got really big and so discussions weren't as fun :/ I love thrillers and contemporary fiction and I'm also a massive Potterhead!

message 7: by Kaotic (new)

Kaotic (kaotic-cass) | 14 comments Alice wrote: "Hi! My name is Alice :) I'm excited to be part of a new book club - I was in one before, but it got really big and so discussions weren't as fun :/ I love thrillers and contemporary fiction and I'm..."

I know what you mean about the larger discussions not being as fun. Hopefully we'll both have fun here.

message 8: by Komal (new)

Komal (bookishidentity) Hi! My name is Komal. I love fantasies and contemporaries. They are for life. I'm excited to do monthly read-a-longs and yeah:)

message 9: by Nandini (new)

Komal wrote: "Hi! My name is Komal. I love fantasies and contemporaries. They are for life. I'm excited to do monthly read-a-longs and yeah:)"

Heyyza Komal! So excited that you could join! ^-^

message 10: by Nandini (new)

Kaotic wrote: "Alice wrote: "Hi! My name is Alice :) I'm excited to be part of a new book club - I was in one before, but it got really big and so discussions weren't as fun :/ I love thrillers and contemporary f..."

Alice wrote: "Hi! My name is Alice :) I'm excited to be part of a new book club - I was in one before, but it got really big and so discussions weren't as fun :/ I love thrillers and contemporary fiction and I'm..."

You're right! With too many people, it becomes less interesting! Let's hope we can all have fun though! :) x

Rebecca (StayingUpTillMorning) | 3 comments Whoops I realised I never introduced myself! I'm Rebecca and I'm very excited to finally be in a book club!! Thank you so much for making this Nandini!

message 12: by Nandini (new)

StayingUpTillMorning wrote: "Whoops I realised I never introduced myself! I'm Rebecca and I'm very excited to finally be in a book club!! Thank you so much for making this Nandini!"

We're so glad you could join us, Rebecca! And aw, no problem! ^-^

message 13: by Séjal (new)

Séjal Goel (sejal_herondale) | 7 comments Heyy I am Sejal and I am sorry for introducing myself on this group so late but I just realised that we had to do that

message 14: by Nandini (new)

Sejal wrote: "Heyy I am Sejal and I am sorry for introducing myself on this group so late but I just realised that we had to do that"

No problem, Sejal! Welcome to the group! ^~^

message 15: by Tilda (new)

Tilda (tildareads) Hi everyone! I'm Tilda, I am 15 y/o and I'm from Sweden. And um yeah I love books xD

message 16: by Nandini (new)

tilda wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Tilda, I am 15 y/o and I'm from Sweden. And um yeah I love books xD"

Heyyy Tilda! I'm so stoked you could join! Looking forward to a wonderful time with you! Will you be participating in the September BOTM?

message 17: by Medini (new)

Medini Hey guys sorry for the delay in the introduction. I'm Medini from Bangalore. I love reading and I've never been in a book club before. So this is my first!! I apologise in advance if I'm a little inactive. But I'll definitely be following all the posts :)

message 18: by Nandini (new)

Medini wrote: "Hey guys sorry for the delay in the introduction. I'm Medini from Bangalore. I love reading and I've never been in a book club before. So this is my first!! I apologise in advance if I'm a little i..."

Heyyy Medini! Thanks so much for joining us! I really hope your first experience in a bookclub goes well! :)

message 19: by Truelies15 (new)

Truelies15 | 8 comments Hey guys I'm Tanya! I love reading books and more that I love being part of a club. I'm sure I'll enjoy this and I'll try my best to participate as much as I can. Just got the invite- thanx Nandini :) I'm looking formward to all the books we'll read and fan girl over together!!

message 20: by Nandini (new)

Truelies15 wrote: "Hey guys I'm Tanya! I love reading books and more that I love being part of a club. I'm sure I'll enjoy this and I'll try my best to participate as much as I can. Just got the invite- thanx Nandini..."

Yayyy! I'm so glad you could join us, Tanya! I really hope we have a lot of fun too! ^-^

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (bookishrachel) | 9 comments Hello everyone! I'm a few days late! My name is Rachel and I've never been part of a book club before. I think it will be a lot of fun. At the moment, I can't promise that I'll participate all the time, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks so much for the invite! :)

message 22: by Nandini (new)

Rachel wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm a few days late! My name is Rachel and I've never been part of a book club before. I think it will be a lot of fun. At the moment, I can't promise that I'll participate all the ..."

Heyyza Rachel, so so glad you could join! Looking forward to the future discussions that you'll be a part of! <3

message 23: by EcchiSenpai (new)

EcchiSenpai | 1 comments Hello there ^^ my name is paiton ;3 I read just about anything that is action/fantasy/fiction I have always wanted to join a book club and can finish a good book in a day ;D check out my read list and we can nerd out together hope to find some good reading friends and help others find awesome book recommendations x3

message 24: by Nonah (new)

Nonah (winnieac) Hello Everyone!! My name is Winonah and I have never actually been in a book club because I read too fast xD But I haven't read much lately cause off Depression ;/ But I'm going to read more again now that I'm written sick from school and that I actually got in a read mode after reading The Winner's Curse ^^

message 25: by Nandini (new)

CrystalMoonScar wrote: "Hello there ^^ my name is paiton ;3 I read just about anything that is action/fantasy/fiction I have always wanted to join a book club and can finish a good book in a day ;D check out my read list ..."

Yayy! Thanks so much for joining, Paiton! ^-^

message 26: by Nandini (new)

Winnie wrote: "Hello Everyone!! My name is Winonah and I have never actually been in a book club because I read too fast xD But I haven't read much lately cause off Depression ;/ But I'm going to read more again ..."

Heyy Winonah! SO happy you could join us! :) Here's hoping that you feel like reading even more! x

message 27: by Dani (new)

Dani (SomethingAboutBooks) | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm Dani and I've never been in a book club before. I'm sure it will be lots of fun and I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for inviting me! :)

message 28: by Nandini (new)

Dani wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Dani and I've never been in a book club before. I'm sure it will be lots of fun and I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for inviting me! :)"

So happy you could join, Dani! ^~^ Will you be joining in for the October BOTM readalong?

message 29: by Dani (new)

Dani (SomethingAboutBooks) | 2 comments Nandini wrote: "Dani wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Dani and I've never been in a book club before. I'm sure it will be lots of fun and I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for inviting me! :)"

So happy you could join,..."

message 30: by Nandini (new)

Dani wrote: "Nandini wrote: "Dani wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Dani and I've never been in a book club before. I'm sure it will be lots of fun and I'm looking forward to it. Thank you for inviting me! :)"

So happy..."

That's great! Yay! x

message 31: by Mangalam (new)

Mangalam Shiva (mythshiv) | 1 comments Hi Nandini,
Mt name is Mangalam Shiva author of EMPTY FISTS a book of short stories. I live in Pondicherry,India.

message 32: by Nandini (new)

Mangalam wrote: "Hi Nandini,
Mt name is Mangalam Shiva author of EMPTY FISTS a book of short stories. I live in Pondicherry,India."

Thanks so much for joining! Happy reading! :)