What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A children's book girl with magical powers and glass animals

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Schneider | 3 comments Looking for title of my favorite book in second grade which would be late 70s. Girl's glass animals come to life. She has magical powers and knows this because she can touch her nose to her elbow.

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2074 comments "No Flying in the House" No Flying in the House

"Most little girls have parents to take care of them, but not Annabel Tippens.She has Gloria, a tiny white dog who talks and wears a gold collar. Annabel never thought it was strange that she had Gloria instead of real parents. Until one day a wicked, wicked cat named Belinda comes to tell her the truth -- she's not just a little girl, she's a half-fairy!
And she can do lots of things that other kids can't do, such as kiss her own elbow and fly around the house. But being a fairy isn't all fun and games, and soon Annabel must make a choice"

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Schneider | 3 comments thank you for the suggestion but not quite it. There were definitely glass animals.

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2074 comments Kristin wrote: "thank you for the suggestion but not quite it. There were definitely glass animals."

I'm pretty sure there were glass animals in "No Flying in the House"

Here's another thread on the book https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Schneider | 3 comments I think you are right. Funny how you remember things selectively.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Kristin, are you still looking for your book, or is No Flying in the House by Betty Brock the one?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

No Flying in the House (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Betty Brock (other topics)