SSG: Spy/Spec-Ops Group discussion

Random Chats > Bond Vs Reacher

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sirius (new)

Sirius Alexander (Sirius_Alexander) | 40 comments So, who would win in a fight? Bond or Reacher?

message 2: by Doubledf99.99 (new)

Doubledf99.99 | 96 comments Bond, especially if it's in very tight quarters..

message 3: by Sirius (new)

Sirius Alexander (Sirius_Alexander) | 40 comments Really? I would think Reacher up close would crush Bond.

message 4: by Samuel (last edited Aug 22, 2015 04:44PM) (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Bond. He'd bring a gun and shoot Reacher many times. Or run him over with his new Aston Martin DB10. Or use the flame thrower the DB10 has in the boot.

message 5: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Thoughts on Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? I watched the movie first before reading one of the books (Gone Tomorrow) so my opinion is rather different to long time fans of the series who read the books before watching the movie.
There's also going to be a sequel to the film. Studio has filed for the permits to film in Louisiana.

message 6: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Also, Daniel Craig has only Bond 25 left to do on his contract. There is a possibility he might be tired of the role. Who would be a good replacement for him?

message 7: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments I suppose in a bar brawl, Bond might run into problems against Reacher. Those bone breakers he uses are astounding.

message 8: by Sirius (new)

Sirius Alexander (Sirius_Alexander) | 40 comments Reacher is a 300 pound bruiser with a brain. Cruise is not. It's a shame that the size thing wasn't portrayed in the film it's one of the things Reacher plays on in the books.

As for the next Bond. I hope they choose a black actor to play him. Idris Elba would be awesome.

message 9: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin | 207 comments How about they drop this ludicrous, totally unrealistic Bond-type spy stuff and do more realistic movies about what true spies, paramilitary agents and government assassins are like? ZERO DARK THIRTY was much more like real life intel/spec ops work. Yes, I know that a lot of people love watching Bond-type movies, but maybe that's partly because the good realistic spy movies are so rare.

message 10: by Samuel (last edited Aug 23, 2015 09:24PM) (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Michel wrote: "How about they drop this ludicrous, totally unrealistic Bond-type spy stuff and do more realistic movies about what true spies, paramilitary agents and government assassins are like? ZERO DARK THI..."

Here's a realistic looking crime drama about a very relevant and fascinating geopolitical issue and some law enforcement agents and paramilitary operators who get dropped into it. Looks very good. By all accounts the Cannes Film festival lapped it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0SD...

message 11: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Sirius wrote: "Reacher is a 300 pound bruiser with a brain. Cruise is not. It's a shame that the size thing wasn't portrayed in the film it's one of the things Reacher plays on in the books.

As for the next Bon..."

Mr Elba claims the media hype has killed his chances for the time being. There is however, one actor who I do not want replacing James Bond. That person is the former star of the soap opera/espionage drama HOMELAND, Damien Lewis.

message 12: by Will (new)

Will | 9 comments Tom Hardy might be a good choice as Bond.

message 13: by Will (new)

Will | 9 comments Spectre does look great. Let's hope it lives up to the hype of that great trailer.

message 14: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments Will wrote: "Spectre does look great. Let's hope it lives up to the hype of that great trailer."

Agreed. The new cinematographer they've hired sure knows his stuff. Just as good as the previous film which was a thing of beauty.

message 15: by Samuel (new)

Samuel  | 647 comments My personal choice is an actor called Richard Armitage. But he's highly unlikely to audition for the part. The man has a date with the Marvel Cinematic universe in the near future. He's reprising his role in the Thor series.