What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Mystery. Girl detective? who is hiding from someone, lives alone in apartment with lots of locks on door. Romance with neighbour? Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_janais) | 6 comments shes hiding from someone and is scared that they'll find her. in the end the person shes been hiding from turns out to be her trusted mailman. she lives in an apartmemt with tons of locks on her door. Mailman might be her brother also.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
When did you read it? Remember the cover? How old is the girl? Where is it set? Is it suspense, fantasy, mystery? Is the tone suspenseful, quirky, comedic, scary, etc.?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Tatiana, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Tatiana (last edited Sep 04, 2020 08:00PM) (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_janais) | 6 comments Hi, I still have not solved this book. The details I gave are all I remember about the book. I normally only read romance / romance mystery books so I am assuming it would be under that category. I just graduated grade 12 the year I posted it and so I would assume the book was either YA or something around that age area making the main character ages 18- 30? It was modern day set and the girl I remember had no one she lived with (no parents or roommates) . I think the tone would have been suspenseful but not to the point of being scared. When I think about the locks, I believe she lived in an apartment building and added a lot of locks to her door. I think there was possibly a male neighbour that she started to fall for. I hope that helps. Apologies for the late reply.

message 5: by Gisell (new)

Gisell (gisellmiddleton) | 20 comments Sounds a bit like Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes.

message 6: by Kris (last edited Sep 06, 2020 03:54PM) (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
I added some plot details and a spoiler alert to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. (YA = teens, in this group)

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Link for Gisell's suggestion - Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Into the Darkest Corner (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Haynes (other topics)