Short Story Connect discussion

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Short Story Reviews

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 16, 2015 12:31AM) (new)

Brigitta wrote: "Are there any authors of short stories needing reviews for their books or Audibles? Instead of doing review swaps, it's better to review an author's book and have a different author review your boo..."

I'd be interested, but I don't do audiobooks :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 16, 2015 09:09AM) (new)

Hi guys, guess I'm going first (thanks, Brigitta). :)
Book name: Carly
Link: Carly
Genre: Mystery, with an underlying touch of thriller
Word count: 8600
I can give a mobi copy if you PM me your email address, it is free if you have KU (please don't forget to add you received an ARC for an honest review, Amazon is getting very strict).
FYI
It may be the end of next week before I get the file to you, I have a heavy schedule over the next 5 days.

message 3: by Brigitta (last edited Aug 21, 2015 09:49AM) (new)

message 4: by Steven (last edited Aug 20, 2015 09:54AM) (new)

Steven Simpson | 5 comments Don't you have to purchase (or be gifted) a copy to be able to review it on Amazon? That is, if you do not have a KU account.

message 5: by James (new)

James Field | 2 comments Hi all,
This has already been done in 'The Reviews Initiative for Indie Books.' discussion.

Check it out here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tsipouras | 32 comments Steven wrote: "Don't you have to purchase (or be gifted) a copy to be able to review it on Amazon? That is, if you do not have a KU account."
No, that's not neccessary. You can review whatever you want, you just need an account.

message 7: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Steven wrote: "Don't you have to purchase (or be gifted) a copy to be able to review it on Amazon? That is, if you do not have a KU account."

I review many of the books I read, including the ones I get from the library on Amazon.

message 8: by Steven (new)

Steven Simpson | 5 comments Thanks Brigitta!
Thanks James, I'm going to submit to The Reviews Initiative short story section.

message 9: by G.M. (new)

G.M. Potter | 3 comments D.M. wrote: "Brigitta wrote: "Are there any authors of short stories needing reviews for their books or Audibles? Instead of doing review swaps, it's better to review an author's book and have a different autho..."

Brigitta,
I am in need of genuine, honest reviews for my recently published collection - Clowns and Buffoons: Short Stories. I would be perfectly willing to provide you a copy of the book and expect a review whenever you found the time. If you are interested, please email me at gmpotterhome@gmail.com and we can connect and get a copy to you. Thank you, G. M. Potter

message 10: by G.M. (new)

G.M. Potter | 3 comments I have recently been asked to participate as a regular contributor to theshortstory.co.uk. I will be reviewing short story collections that have not been published yet. If you are getting ready to publish a collection of your own, please contact me so we can get your promotions off to a good start. Thanks, G.M. Potter (Goodreads Author)

message 11: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments Would be happy to read Sharing Breath , cheers JE

message 12: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments I have a few very short stories out there with a couple free available via Smashwords at the moment and a couple more coming up for free periods on kdp. Would be most grateful to anyone interested in taking a look and giving a review if positive, or feedback if not! Happy to do likewise for short stories - cheers Jon
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/vie...

message 13: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments Yes,, that would be fine, netfactorbooks@gmail.com thanks

message 14: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments Thanks, Gail, got it - shall i stick a review straight up here or amazon (com or co.uk) or both?

message 15: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments Thanks Gail, will do, many thanks, Jon

message 16: by Peter (new)

Peter (peterlean) | 4 comments Dear readers and writers,
please have a look at my new collection of four short stories, 'Queens'
http://www.amazon.com/Queens-short-st...-
ebook/dp/B016TR00RU

'Queen od Hearts, Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Clubs, Queen of Spades. Four short stories, four women from this and other worlds.'

I will send a gift kindle copy of the ebook to anyone willing to read it, asking them to be so kind to post a short review (upon request, other formats might be available).
Thanks and ...goodreads! :-)

message 17: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments Hi Peter, I haven't read any sci fi for a while but would like to give yours a go, cheers Jon nefactorbooks@gmail.com

message 18: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments My very short Resolution story is free on Amazon this week if anyone would like to give it a go! Many thanks all, Jon
viewbook.at/resolution

message 19: by Peter (new)

Peter (peterlean) | 4 comments downloaded!

will post a review soon ;)

message 20: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonedgell) | 17 comments Thank you Peter. Enjoy! I have yours ready to go on my Kindle.

message 21: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Hey Briggatta This is Mariyam...I have written a romantic short story, would appreciate your review. The book is free on Amazon. You can download the kindle edition.

Book Name: Never Say Goodbye-A short story of love
Length: 5000 words only
Link http://amzn.to/1XU9YQy

message 22: by Mariyam (last edited Nov 06, 2015 12:57AM) (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Hello Everyone. My Book Never Say Goodbye - A Short Story of Love is free on Amazon. The book is a 5000 words short and sweet quick read. Please read the book for its free for the next 7 days on Amazon. If you’ve enjoyed this book I would be very grateful if you could spend just five minutes leaving a review (it can be as short as you like) on the book’s Amazon page. You can jump right to the page by clicking http://amzn.to/1XU9YQy

message 23: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments G.M. wrote: "I have recently been asked to participate as a regular contributor to theshortstory.co.uk. I will be reviewing short story collections that have not been published yet. If you are getting ready to ..."

Hey G.M. I would really appreciate if you review my book Never Say Goodbye of just 5000 words. It is available free on Amazon. Here is the link of the book http://amzn.to/1XU9YQy

message 24: by Brendan (new)

Brendan (sharikov) | 10 comments G.M. wrote: "I have recently been asked to participate as a regular contributor to theshortstory.co.uk. I will be reviewing short story collections that have not been published yet. If you are getting ready to ..."

G.M., might you consider this?
Savages by Brendan Ball
Savages

It's a themed triptych of literary short stories, 15000-odd words total. I'd be happy to send it to you in any file format you choose.

message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 32 comments Peter wrote: "Dear readers and writers,
please have a look at my new collection of four short stories, 'Queens'
http://www.amazon.com/Queens-short-st...-
ebook/dp/B016TR00RU

'Queen od Hearts, Queen..."

The link to your book doesn't work.

message 26: by Mark (new)

Mark Barrett | 43 comments Would you like to come and review some of our contributors' short story on our interactive short story blog? All the stories link together in some way with at least one other story. Please leave reviews and feedback in the comments section, or as a comment on here.
We are also welcoming new stories for everybody. Please be inspired and write us a new story - all good practise and good fun!

Written By You
https://writtenbyyou.wordpress.com

message 27: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Mariyam wrote: "Hey Briggatta This is Mariyam...I have written a romantic short story, would appreciate your review. The book is free on Amazon. You can download the kindle edition.

Book Name: Never Say Goodbye-A..."

Mariyam wrote: "Hey Briggatta This is Mariyam...I have written a romantic short story, would appreciate your review. The book is free on Amazon. You can download the kindle edition.

Book Name: Never Say Goodbye-A..."

Sorry Mariyam. I'm just seeing this. I didn't realize this thread was still active. I'm happy to see the interest.

message 28: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments If anyone is interested in reviewing the Audible version of A Secret Love I'd be happy to gift a copy. I'd need an email address to send it to. A Secret Love is a romantic thriller that takes place around the Christmas holiday. The paperback is being offered in a giveaway.A Secret Love

message 29: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Mariyam.hasnain@gmail.com. If u would like

message 30: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Mariyam wrote: "Mariyam.hasnain@gmail.com. If u would like"

I sent it to you.

message 31: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Cool... Wil listen n let u know

message 32: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments okay. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks.

message 33: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Haven't got it in my mailbox

message 34: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Sometimes Audible is slow. I'll resend.

message 35: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments It has not yet arrived to my mailbox....

message 36: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Sure...wil keep checking n let u know when it comes

message 37: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments ok

message 38: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Brigitta wrote: "ok"

I haven't got it yet...

message 39: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Audible sent you an email to redeem the book

message 40: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Brigitta wrote: "Audible sent you an email to redeem the book"

Yup...got it...

message 41: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Wonderful.

message 42: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam Hasnain (mariyamhasnain) | 22 comments Brigitta wrote: "Wonderful."

Posted an honest review about your book on Amazon...

message 43: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Thanks Mariyam. I'm really happy you enjoyed A Secret Love.

message 44: by Brigitta (new)

Brigitta Moon (brigittamoon) | 53 comments Never Say Goodbye is on my to read shelf!

message 45: by Mark (new)

Mark Barrett | 43 comments Come and review our short stories. 9 short stories by 7 different authors, all interlinked in some way. Feel free to leave a review here, and we would also love you to leave a comment for the stories on our site.

HTTPS://WrittenByYou.wordpress.com

message 46: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (pdwyer569) | 1 comments Hello all!

I would greatly appreciate it if you would download and review my first installment in my Transcendental Synergy serial (http://www.transcendentalsynergy.com/).

The first installment is titled Jacob & Maria - The Beginning and it is free till the 27th on Amazon.com (http://buff.ly/1SixLpX).

I am looking forward to reading your reviews! :)

message 47: by Peter (new)

Peter (peterlean) | 4 comments Patrick wrote: "Hello all!

I would greatly appreciate it if you would download and review my first installment in my Transcendental Synergy serial (http://www.transcendentalsynergy.com/).

The first installment i..."

got it!
hope to write soon a review :)

message 48: by Ann (last edited Dec 06, 2015 11:27PM) (new)

Ann Girdharry (anngirdharry) Hi everyone,
I'm looking for reviews for two short stories -
Tell Me A Secret: A Mystery Psychological Suspense
Sweet Justice

They are both mystery, psychological suspense,crime titles.
If you are interested, please pm me- I am able to send a mobi, pdf or epub.

kind regards,
Ann Girdharry

message 49: by Mark (new)

Mark Barrett | 43 comments I would love you to come along and review the short stories that our contributors have put on here: https.writtenbyyou.wordpress.com - leave a comment in the comment box.

The stories are:

Scifi:
Psytech Dealings
The Dustman
Arms and the Mind
The Jump

Fantasy:
The Man in the Alley

Comedy/Crime:
Concrete Plans
Infamously Famous

Romance/Crime:
Stranded
It's My Turn

Drama:
Cole
Good Luck Charm

Reviews posted here would be most welcome, too.

Thanks,

Mark

« previous 1