What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dreamer (The Circle, #1)
This topic is about Dreamer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > ya series early 2000's girls starting a magic/wicca circle. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bella (new)

Bella Hi I'm looking to find a series I read in high school that I can't remember the title or author of, it was about a group of (10?) girls starting a magic circle, each book centered on a different girl.

In the first book a girl with her mum had to go back to her mothers home in Glastonbury to meet the grandparents she's never seen before, her grandmother is a witch (pagen) its features the tor and the magic abilities it gives a lot, in the book, this girl takes the secret of the circle back to australia with her and at the end of the book startsher own circle with her friends.

In book two the circle is competently set up and it focuses on one of the members who lives with her single dad on a farm, In the book she shares dreams with a boy in a coma and via the dreams attempts to wake him up.

In book three which focuses on another member of the circle the girls stepmother gives her an enchanted mirror that makes her look fact and ugly even though she's actually beautiful which causes an eating disorder.

message 2: by Jancee (new)

Jancee Tabacnic (janceetabacnic) | 7 comments Potentially The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith or one of Cate Tiernan's series?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Links for Jancee's suggestions:
- The Secret Circle series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/4192...
- Cate Tiernan

message 4: by Eliene (new)

Eliene | 38 comments This sounds very familiar. Do you remember anything about the covers? Is it primarly black?

message 5: by Bella (new)

Bella It isn't either of those books sorry and sadly I don't remember the cover.

message 6: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 282 comments It isn't Sweep, Circle of Three, or anything by L.J. Smith. Or anything else I've ever seen, and I hunt down books in this genre pretty seriously. Were you in America when you read it?

message 7: by Bella (new)

Bella No I definitely read it in Australia, the first book is set about 90% in the uk but all the remaining books are set in Australia.

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments The Circle series by Melaina Faranda seems to fit. They are not linked as a series on Goodreads, here are the ones I could find.

Dreamer (the one about a girl dreaming)
The Circle: Princess (the one with the enchanted mirror)
The Circle: Greenheart
The Circle: Gift (Glastonbury and grandmother)

message 9: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 282 comments Hoo, no wonder I hadn't heard of these; they are not readily available in America! Only two turn up on Amazon, one of them pretty expensive. But they look interesting enough I want to hunt them up! Thanks, Tab! And thanks Bella for a new series I want to read now.

message 10: by Bella (new)

Bella Thank you so much that's them, I've been trying to find these books for ages.

message 11: by Bella (new)

Bella Cupcakedoll wrote: "Hoo, no wonder I hadn't heard of these; they are not readily available in America! Only two turn up on Amazon, one of them pretty expensive. But they look interesting enough I want to hunt them up!..."

If you do decide to read them the circle: the gift is actually the first in the series for some reason goodreads has Circle:Dreamer listed as the first.