What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Gunniwolf
This topic is about The Gunniwolf
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens Book about a wolf, set up kind of like little red riding hood, she tricks the wolf, wolf has a funny phrase he says something like agunkacha agunkacha book was possibly in 80's or 90's [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jordan | 1 comments Children's book about a wolf. It is set up like Little Red Riding Hood, but a different version. The wolf is trying to trick her, but she outsmarts him and when he is chasing after her he has a funny phrase he says. He says something like this: "A gunka cha A gunka cha I'm going to get you." I know the book was made before the 2000's. Possibly an 80's or 90's book. Was a favorite when I was a kid but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it!!!!!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33461 comments Mod
Jennifer, is this a picture book or a chapter book?

How is the story different from the classic tale of Little Red Riding Hood?

Do you remember the cover art (e.g., realistic/cartoony, bright/muted/dark colors, funny/scary)?

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice Masterson | 7 comments I think it is called The Gunniwolf.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Aug 18, 2015 10:00AM) (new)

Kris | 33461 comments Mod
The Gunniwolf by Wilhelmina Harper for Janice's suggestion.

This looks promising. One Amazon reviewer says, "Because its repetitive action and superb refrains make it a kick to read with a child. The fact that it's a Red Riding Hood-type cautionary tale is mostly irrelevant. My favorite soundbite is the contrast between the running noise of the little girl, "pit-pat, pit-pat, pit-pat," and the noise of the Gunniwolf bounding through the jungle, "hunker-cha, hunker-cha, hunker-cha."

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Jennifer, was that your book?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
No response, but it sounds like the right book.

Moving to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Gunniwolf (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Wilhelmina Harper (other topics)