Random Smiles discussion

Books > Books or Movies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you like when books are turned into movies? Does it make the book better or worse in your opinion?

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan I think that most of the HARRY POTTER movies are as fun as the books. I liked the first HUNGER GAMES book better than the movie, but I liked THE BOOK THIEF movie better than the book.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought over all the Harry Potter series was well done. Yes I was disappointed with a few thing left out but overall it stayed true to the books.
I agree on the Hunger Games that the book was indeed better. It is so hard to have that personal monolog that was important in understanding the first book and there were too many little things that were let out that didn't need to be as it continued in the trilogy.
I was very disappointed and at the same time thought the movie of The Help great. There was a whole story line left out with Skeeter and how she was x-communicated from the community and former friends.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan I've only seen the movie THE HELP and I thought it was good. I have the book on my TBR list so hopefully I'll get to it soon. :-)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Susan wrote: "I've only seen the movie THE HELP and I thought it was good. I have the book on my TBR list so hopefully I'll get to it soon. :-)"

I very much enjoyed the book. Had a hard time reading it because of the topic.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Well I can definitely say that I am really looking forward to the movie adaptation of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs . It looks like they've switched some things around but as long as it gets the tone of the story and characters it's bound to be awesome.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Lauren wrote: "Well I can definitely say that I am really looking forward to the movie adaptation of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs. It looks like they've switched some things aro..."

Wow! I didn't know there was a movie version of this coming out. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Susan wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Well I can definitely say that I am really looking forward to the movie adaptation of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs. It looks like they've switched ..."

They actually just released the trailer yesterday:
https://t.co/dsbjoNIikm

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Lauren wrote: "Susan wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Well I can definitely say that I am really looking forward to the movie adaptation of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs. It looks like the..."

Oooo! Looks interesting....