Anything Legal, Legal Thrillers, Legal Mysteries and More discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > September 2015 Book Buddies

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (last edited Aug 15, 2015 03:02PM) (new)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) It's not too early to sign up to participate in Book Buddies for September. If you've an interest, please post on this thread. Pairs will be posted on Sept. 1.

message 4: by Nola (new)

Nola How does this Book Buddies work?

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Nola, after everyone who wishes signs up, I list the names at one of the randomiser sites, and that picks the pairs. Each pair can read and discuss the same book, or if a pair chooses, each can choose one book for the other. It's up to each pair. A lot of groups do this, so I thought it would be good to try here.

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Extending sign-up period(smile)

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Mallory Heart, I'll participate, even if it's just you and I. :-)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Excellent, Brenda, thank you. I think I'll wait just a few more days--let's say through the 10th-then I'll post pairs early on the 11th.

message 9: by Nola (new)

Nola I'd like to give it a try!

message 10: by Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (last edited Sep 09, 2015 06:52AM) (new)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Great, Nola! I'll include you. Anybody else? Please post today or tomorrow.

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Okay, Book Buddies--we've only 3 participants. I could pair Brenda and Nola, but then I would be skipping a month, and that's just not right. (smile)

So here are our pairs:

Brenda/Mallory

Nola/Mallory

If either or both of you decide to read one book for your pair, instead of each partner pick one for the other, PLEASE pick a book I own, I'm on book buying hiatus til Dec. 31, so can't buy something I don't already own (sigh).

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Mallory, I did a little research into legal thrillers, compared our TBR shelves, and found a couple that look interesting.

An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1) by Scott Pratt by Scott Pratt

Or

Last Witness (C.J. Townsend #2) by Jilliane Hoffman by Jilliane Hoffman

If neither appeals (pun unintended) to you, I'm open to suggestions!

message 13: by Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (last edited Sep 11, 2015 10:35AM) (new)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Brenda, I have Joe Dillard #1-5 and others. I like that series because set in JonesboroughbTN, near where I lived 93-99 and for another 19 months 04-06. I don't think i have The Last Witness but will check on Scribd.

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Brenda and Nola,

Seems we haven't progressed for September--would either or both of you like to pair for October?

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Mallory Heart wrote: "Brenda and Nola,

Seems we haven't progressed for September--would either or both of you like to pair for October?"

I'm still interested! My book suggestions above are still good.

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Brenda,

I have An Innocent Client so let's go with that. I'll start today. Thanks so much.

I'm sorry I have gotten behind this month,

message 17: by Brenda (last edited Sep 23, 2015 08:29AM) (new)

Brenda No problem! I'm not sure when I'll start the book, but will post here when I do. I have a library book to finish and another sitting here waiting. Thanks!

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) My thanks to you, Brenda. I'm fitting mine around review titles from NetGalley and Edelweiss. All my life until a year or so ago, I was a tremendous library user. Now I stick to e-books as much as possible [for my vision].

message 19: by Nola (new)

Nola I am currently reading the Catherine Coulter FBI Series. Its this book okay? I read every night before I go to bed. I can check to see if I have the two above. I have over 2000 books in my e-reader! :D

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Nola, you don't have to read what Brenda and I are reading! Whatever you'd like to read. How do you like the series you're reading ? I read a couple years ago.

message 21: by Nola (new)

Nola I really like them. I've read some horrific comments about her books, but for me I really like them. I have also read all 22 books in the Harry Bosch series. Loved nearly every single one of them too! Nothing like twists and turns and not being able to guess "who dun it!" LOL

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Oh! I want to read all the Harry Bosch!! I've only read "The Burning Room" and I loved it!

message 23: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Nola wrote: "I really like them. I've read some horrific comments about her books, but for me I really like them. I have also read all 22 books in the Harry Bosch series. Loved nearly every single one of the..."

Nola, I've read all the Harry Bosch books and loved them too! Have you seen the TV show starring Titus Welliver? It's great.

message 24: by Nola (new)

Nola Yes.... The movie was pretty spot on and the guy that plays Harry is pretty good too! I prefer to read the book then see the movie. I have also read all the Harry Potter books and Janet Ivanovich books 1 thru 21. I also read some of the in between books. The movies didn't appeal to me much at all.

You really need to find the Harry Bosch books and read them...in order because it is after all a series. LOL

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) I did that with the Harry Potter series--waited until the last was published then read one after the other in order. But I read the Home Repair is Homicide series by Sarah Graves in reverse order.

message 26: by Nola (new)

Nola I haven't read her's either. I will check her out and see about getting them in my e-reader! LOL

Eldritch Reading Reindeer Welcomes 2022! (readingreindeerproximacentauri) They're delightful. She also has a new series, the second of which will be published soon.

message 28: by Nola (new)

Nola OMG! I got woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep so I picked up my e-reader and read until about 5 am. LOL I am reading two books at the same time and when one got somewhat to a stopping point, I picked up the other. I am nearly finished with Blow Out! She is wrapping up the ending. LOL The other book Dances in the Wind.. is so exciting, I didn't want to put it down, but it was rather too exciting for me if I ever wanted to go back to sleep! I finally died about 530am.

message 29: by Nola (new)

Nola The Blow Out is pretty good, but a bit bizzar as it has two story plots in it! They are not related, but of course Savich and Sherlock are such great detectives they were able to get the job done. Not without some injuries and other excitement too. This book has kept my interest without any boring parts. There is just something about some authors that drive me crazy when they seem to end a book abruptly like they are in a hurry to end the book. But not so with these so far.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Anything Legal, Legal Thrillers, Legal...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Last Witness (other topics)
An Innocent Client (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jilliane Hoffman (other topics)
Scott Pratt (other topics)