Eclectic Readers discussion

Currently Reading > Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeannette (new)

Jeannette (jmtrivera) | 517 comments Mod
The pick this month is The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Podcast release date will be 9/15/15!

message 2: by Jeannette (new)

The next book is One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez. The podcast for this book will be released on 10/15/15!

message 3: by Jeannette (new)

Our next book will be The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. The podcast for that one will be released on 11/15/15. Hope you enjoy!

message 4: by Jeannette (new)

Our next read will be Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Look for the podcast for that one on 12/15/15!

message 5: by Jeannette (new)

I feel terrible for not remembering to do this, but our next read is The Sculptor by Scott McCloud. The podcast for this book will be released 1/15/16 - the first of the new year!

message 6: by Jeannette (new)

Hello, folks! Our next book will be Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. This is a super book (800+) pages, so we're on a two-month time frame for this one: the podcast episode will be released on 3/15/16.

For February's episode, we'll be revisiting an old read so stay tuned to find out which one!

message 7: by Jeannette (last edited Apr 06, 2016 05:54AM) (new)

Oh, I've been super bad about updating this thread! My apologies and thanks for your patience, Readers!

Our upcoming April episode will drop on 4/15/16 and we'll be discussing The Rabbit Back Literature Society byPasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen. It's a very quick read, so you've still got time!

Our next book is The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes. Look for that episode on 5/15/16!

message 8: by Jeannette (new)

More lateness, more apologies! This month's book is The Star-Touched Queen byRoshani Chokshi. The episode for that one will drop on 6/15/16.

In the meantime, check out our interview with Pasi Ilmari Jääskeläinen, author of The Rabbit Back Literature Society, which will be released on 5/31/16!

Plus, there's another Readathon coming up! Look for the planning thread for that.

message 9: by Jeannette (new)

Our next read will be Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer. The podcast episode for that book will be released on 7/15/16. Enjoy!

message 10: by Jeannette (new)

Hello, guys! While you're waiting for our podcast to drop later this week, get started on our next book! It's a long one! This time we're reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. The episode for that one will release on 8/15/16!

message 11: by Jeannette (new)

Hello, my brilliant bookworms! Our next book will be The Bees by Laline Paull. We'll be releasing that episode on 9/15/16!

If you're looking for an extra hit of Eclectic Readers podcast though, we have one special episode out on Tara and Meredith's experience seeing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and we'll have another special episode releasing on 8/31/16 interviewing author J. D. Lakey and discussing her Black Bead series.

message 12: by Jeannette (new)

Hi, guys! Next month's book is Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel! The episode will release on 10/15/16.

message 13: by Jeannette (new)

Ready for the next book? Good! It's the graphic novel Blankets by Craig Thompson! Look for the episode on 11/15/16 in a podcast app near you.

message 14: by Jeannette (new)

Hey, folks! Our latest book is Zodiac by Romina Russell. The podcast will release on 12/15 for your holiday listening pleasure!

message 15: by Jeannette (new)

Guys, I apologize for not keeping this updated. I will be better about it now that we are finished moving and such things! The current book is Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart. The podcast will drop on 3/15/17. In the meantime, you can check out our most recent episodes, and an interview with memoirist Tara Clancy opening our new site tomorrow!

message 16: by Jeannette (new)

The next book will be Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton. The podcast for this memoir will be released on 4/15/17.

message 17: by Jeannette (new)

The book for May will be Romeo and/or Juliet: A Chooseable-Path Adventure by Ryan North. The podcast will be out 5/15/17. Have fun!

message 18: by Jeannette (new)

Our next book is Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. The podcast for this read will drop 6/15/17!

message 19: by Jeannette (new)

With the Readathon and ER Mad Libs, I forgot to update this! Sorry guys! Our book for July will be Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. The podcast is coming 7/15/17!

In the meantime, look for a special birthday gift from us: In honor of our podcast birthday, an interview episode with Patrick Phillips will come out on 6/30/17!

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganbrinckerhoff) Oh, wow that's so cool!

message 21: by Jeannette (new)

Hey, Eclectic Readers! Sorry for the long delay in getting this organized again. I could blame Mommy brain, but you'd think I'd be used to it by now. Anyway, you'll notice things updating slowly over the next couple of weeks. While you wait, enjoy our current read: A Thousand Mornings, a book of poetry by Mary Oliver. The episode for that will drop on 6/15/19!

message 22: by Jeannette (new)

Head's up, Eclectic Readers! In honor of the IRL club's 10TH ANNIVERSARY, we're revisiting our very first book for July: The Importance of Being Earnest. You'll see the podcast episode for that one on 7/15/19!

message 23: by Jeannette (new)

Hello all! We're currently reading The City in the Middle of the Night by Charlie Jane Anders. Look for the podcast episode on 8/15/19, and in the meantime, be sure to share your thoughts as you read over on the thread!

message 24: by Jeannette (new)

The next book is going to be The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy. Check out that podcast episode on 9/15/19!

message 25: by Jeannette (new)

Happy holidays, folks! Sorry for the late notice, but the book for next month is The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. Look for our first episode of the new year on 1/15/20!

message 26: by Jeannette (new)

Hey folks! I've been slacking on updates, but if you haven't heard yet, our current book is The Gifted School by Bruce Holsinger! The episode for that goes out on 6/30/20! Our Book Talk episode on reads for Pride Month will release on 6/15/20!

message 27: by Jeannette (new)

Hello! Our July read is The Forest of Enchantments by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and the podcast for that will be out on 7/30/20. Our Book Talk episode on Journey and Road Trip Books will drop this week on 7/15/20!

message 28: by Jeannette (new)

Also, to give you guys a head's up: our August read will be The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin. The podcast episode for that will release on 8/30/20. Stay tuned for the Book Talk announcement!