Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Readers > Beta Readers Required - NA Romance

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elle (new)

Elle Ellerton | 5 comments Hi all,

I just completed my debut novel: Blurred Lies, and am looking for some honest feedback before self-publishing. Here's the info:

Book's genre: New Adult Romance
Word count: Approx 63,000
Kinds of sex scenes (if applicable): Some sexting, foreplay, a little dirty talk, first time (not too mild, but not completely filthy - not that I'm opposed to it lol).
Number of betareaders you want: 2-4
Feedback required: I'd like to know your general feeling about it as a reader. I'd be interested to hear how many stars you would give it in a review. I'd welcome any suggestions to improve the story, if applicable.

Link to excerpt (Google Doc): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i...

Disclaimer: This is the first in a (currently) 2-part series, so ends on a cliffhanger. Please refrain from volunteering if you don't like cliffies :)

I'm not sure when part 2 will be complete, but I plan to have it nearly finished before publishing Blurred Lies. So please let me know if you'd rather beta read when both are done. I can send both to you at the same time when complete.

I can provide either a Word document, PDF or Google Doc link of the book.

Thank you in advance :)

Elle

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha L (Nerdiebookworm) | 5 comments I would be interested in beta reading. If you don't mind me asking what encouraged you to write your story?

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle Ellerton | 5 comments I just love reading all sorts of romance and have wanted to write my own novel for years. The story just sort of came to me as I wrote it. Now that self-publishing is so popular, it seemed like an achievable goal to set myself. I just really want to make other people feel with my stories, the way other authors make me feel with theirs :)

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha L (Nerdiebookworm) | 5 comments :) well I would love to beta read for you! My email is nerdiebookworm@gmail.com

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle Ellerton | 5 comments Thanks, Natasha. I've emailed you :)

message 6: by Natasha (new)

Natasha L (Nerdiebookworm) | 5 comments Thank you! I've received it I will get back to you soon with my feedback :)

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle Ellerton | 5 comments Still in need of a couple more beta readers if anyone is interested :)

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments I wouldn't mind reading it at all!! I do want to let you know I'm beta reading for someone else at this moment too but I can usually read about 3 books a week. So if you want me as your beta read for you message me on here and I'll give you my email. I wanted to keep reading after the excerpt you provided so that's always a good sign lol!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments I'm interested as well! My email is sarah.writerintraining@gmail.com