Oɴᴄᴇ Uᴘᴏɴ A Tɪᴍᴇ;; Aᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ Rᴘ discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilsa (last edited Aug 15, 2015 11:14AM) (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 134 comments MALE
Dustfinger
FEMALE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a href="http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/Ils..." target="_blank"> photo Arrow line divider.png_zpsz25y14qh.jpeg
Picture
▐ ❝Quote❞
 photo Arrow line divider.png_zpsz25y14qh.jpeg

╠═ General ═╣

╬═ Name ═╬
┠ First ┨
┠ Last ┨
┠ Name Meanings ┨
┠ Nickname ┨

╬═ Age ═╬
┠ Appearance ┨
┠ Chronological ┨
┠ Date of Birth ┨
┠ Place of Birth ┨

Picture
▐ ❝quote❞

╠═ Personal ═╣

╬═ Relationships ═╬
┠ Sexual Orientation ┨
┠ Current Status ┨
┠ Infatuation ┨
┠ Activity ┨

╬═ History ═╬
┠ Heritage ┨
┠ Childhood ┨
┠ Adolescence ┨
┠ Adulthood ┨

Picture
▐ ❝Quote❞

╠═ Mental ═╣

╬═ Personality ═╬
╬═ Highs ═╬
┠ Likes ┨

┠ Strengths ┨

╬═ Lows ═╬
┠ Dislikes ┨

┠ Weaknesses ┨

┠ Fears ┨

-

-

Picture
▐ ❝Quote❞

╠═ Social ═╣

╬═ Status ═╬
┠ Rank ┨
┠ Respect ┨ 「7/10」

╬═ Associates ═╬
┠ Family ┨
Mother
⇢Name:
↳Alive/Dead:
↳Love ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Father

↳Alive/Dead:
┠ Friends ┨
┠ Foes ┨
┠ Pets ┨

Picture
▐ ❝Quote❞

╠═ Physical ═╣

╬═ Appearance ═╬
┠ Look ┨
Picture
┠ Face Claim ┨
┠ Build ┨
┠ Eyes ┨
┠ Hair ┨
┠ Markings ┨
┠ Other ┨

╬═ Apparel ═╬
┠ Prized Belongings ┨
┠ Weapons ┨
┠ Clothing Style ┨
(view spoiler)

message 2: by Ilsa (last edited Aug 15, 2015 02:12PM) (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 134 comments  photo Arrow line divider.png_zpsz25y14qh.jpeg
 photo Dustfinger and Gwin_zps0a7ozdie.jpg
▐ ❝And there stood Basta with his foot already on another dead body, smiling. Why not? He had hit his target, and it was the target he had been aiming for all along: Dustfinger's heart, his stupid heart. It broke in two as he held Farid in his arms, it simply broke in two, although he had taken such good care of it all these years.❞

╠═ General ═╣

╬═ Name ═╬ Dustfinger
┠ Name Meanings ┨ Dustfinger for the ashes and coal that collect on his fingers and entire arms after he uses his ability.
┠ Nickname ┨ Fire Dancer

╬═ Age ═╬ 37
┠ Date of Birth ┨ 17th December
┠ Place of Birth ┨ Argenta

photo Dustfinger and Gwin1_zpsmhpoa178.jpg
▐ ❝When it came to hiding, even Gwin had nothing to teach Dustfinger. A strange sense of curiosity had always driven him to explore the hidden, forgotten corners of this and any other place, and all that knowledge had now come in useful.❞

╠═ Personal ═╣

╬═ Relationships ═╬
┠ Sexual Orientation ┨ Heterosexual
┠ Current Status ┨ Single –Was married, wife considered dead for this RP purpose
┠ Infatuation ┨ None
┠ Activity ┨ None

╬═ History ═╬
┠ Heritage ┨
┠ Childhood ┨
Dustfinger was born in the kingdom of Argenta, where he grew up along with The Black Prince, with whom he apparently got into great mischief from the fact that the two were pilloried together at age 11.
┠ Adolescence ┨
Dustfinger in adolescence came to befriend a travelling group of performers called the Motley Folk. As social outcasts, their deaths are sanctioned by any action, and he performed with his fire skills there, which he developed from many lonely nights by the fireside. He hears fire as a language, and our fire speaks a different language than the one he knows, but it is still beautiful and obedient, for the most part. He met his wife, Roxanne, there.
The Adderhead had also invited her to his castle to sing and dance for him, even through he thought poorly of the Motley Folk.
She began seeing Dustfinger and he would constantly come to see her at night. During that time she kept dancing and singing for the Adderhead, and once she encountered the Adderhead's herald Capricorn's henchman Basta, who proposed to her, with threats and flattery, such as gifts, but she refused. Jealously, he vowed to find the identity of the man she preferred to him. Somehow he found out, and lay in wait for Dustfinger. Dustfinger got away, but Basta slashed his face, leaving three long scars. He married Roxanne and left, but always returned, angering those who would have made her a wife, but always being true. He had two daughters with her.
┠ Adulthood ┨
Dustfinger was plucked from the Inkworld along with Capricorn and Basta through a fantasy novel read aloud by Mortimer Folchart. In his native world, Dustfinger had the rare ability to control fire by speaking to it, and, when he found himself thrust into Mo's universe, he continued to make his living by busking, though he expressed the fire there were different from where he came from.
Dustfinger was never seen without his pet horned marten, Gwin. His apprentice, Farid, who was also read out of his world by Mo, was pleased to be freed from constant work and possible beatings. Dustfinger, on the other hand, longed to return to the world he had known, and sought out people with the same gift as Mo to read him back, despite knowing that a death from one of Capricorn's men awaited him at the end of the novel, out of which he was read from, caused by none other than that book's author, Fenoglio, who stated that he killed Dustfinger off because he wanted to "make the story more exciting".
When Dustfinger was brought back into the Inkworld by Orpheus, he learned that Roxanne, assuming that Dustfinger was dead, had remarried a poor farmer and together had a son, Jehan; he had also learned the death of Rosanna(His second daughter) and was greatly sadden by the news. When Farid later showed up at Roxane's place, Roxane suspected that Farid, who had followed Dustfinger, were her first husband's son with another woman.
Farid was killed by Basta, the man who had proposed to Roxanne and scarred Dustfinger's face, traumatizing Dustfinger, who wishes he could have traded his own life for Farid's. He implored the author, after Mo and Meggie refused to revert Farid's death, to write him out of his story once more, so he could find a silver tongue once again, who wouldn't be afraid, who was clever and talented enough to bring Farid, whom he considers his son, back. Thus, he's made his way to Storybrooke, where he's found that magic is at it's most brilliant, in hopes of uncovering what he searches for.

photo Dustfinger fire gif_zpszlyqlfku.gif
▐ ❝They forked up in the air for him, like trees branching in the night, and rained down sparks. They roared and whispered with their crackling voices, they had danced when he said the word. The flames here were both tame and mutinous, strange, silent beasts that sometimes bit the hand that fed them. Only occasionally, on cold nights when there was nothing but the flames to stave off his loneliness, did he think he heard them calling to him, but they whispered words he didn't understand.❞

message 3: by Ilsa (last edited Aug 15, 2015 12:45PM) (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 134 comments ╠═ Mental ═╣

╬═ Personality ═╬
Dustfinger is loyal and kind and encouraging. He's a good teacher and a distant but loving fatherly figure. However, his great attribute fault is his cowardice, which can keep him from intervening or protecting those he loves. He's tried beyond trying to overcome his fear of losing his own life, of causing his own pains. Dustfinger will want to give his life to save someone else, but he cannot bring himself to do it, or very nearly cannot. However, he's a Slytherin archetype, who "Goes to any means to achieve his end." If he's desperate, he'll do anything, move words and worlds, to do what he needs done.
╬═ Highs ═╬
┠ Likes ┨
⇒ Fire
⇒ Gwin
⇒ Farid (and family)
⇒ Darkness and mystery and peace
⇒ Mischief

┠ Strengths ┨
⇒ He's a firebender!
⇒ Muscular and athletic!
⇒ Very witty

╬═ Lows ═╬
┠ Dislikes ┨
⇒ Death
⇒ Love
⇒ Needing to find the words; they often evade him.
⇒ Cowardice, or wisdom wearing the mask of cowardice.
⇒ Unfamiliarity

┠ Weaknesses ┨
⇒ He's a coward.
⇒ Injure him and he won't mind (Much, he is afraid of being injured), but injure the people he cares for and his heart breaks.
⇒ Brash. He goes to any means to achieve his end.

┠ Fears ┨
⇒ Injury
- He's more flight over fight
⇒ Snakes
- He once had to flee through an open field likely loaded with poisonous snakes, and also lived under the regime of the horrific 'adderhead'.

photo Dustfinger dragons breath_zpslwzpakxc.gif
▐ ❝Yes, I do enjoy walking at night. The world's more to my liking then, not so loud, not so fast, not so crowded, and a good deal more mysterious.❞

╠═ Social ═╣

╬═ Status ═╬
┠ Rank ┨ Street Performer
┠ Respect ┨ 「?/10」It varies from person to person.

╬═ Associates ═╬
┠ Family ┨
Mother
⇢Name: Unknown
↳Alive/Dead: Dead
Father
⇢Name: Unknown
┠ Friends ┨ Many, though unluckily, they're back in his world.
┠ Foes ┨ Many, though, luckily, they're back in his world.
┠ Pets ┨ Gwin, his horned Marten friend, probably his most loyal (Yet rebellious) companion.

photo Dustfinger fire baton gif_zpsachlxfww.gif
▐ ❝You'd like him back, too, wouldn't you?"
It was difficult for her to turn her eyes away from Farid's face. "He'll never come back," she whispered, and looked at Dustfinger. She didn't have the strength to speak any louder. All her strength was gone, as if Farid had taken it away with him. He had taken everything away from him.❞

╠═ Physical ═╣

╬═ Appearance ═╬
┠ Look ┨
Picture
┠ Face Claim ┨ Paul Bettany
┠ Build ┨ Wirey, but strong
┠ Eyes ┨ Blue
┠ Hair ┨ Red-blond, gingery
┠ Markings ┨ Three distinctive scars on his face, given to him by Basta.
┠ Other ┨ Minor scratches and burns on his hands from constant fire use.

╬═ Apparel ═╬
┠ Prized Belongings ┨ The book he's from, Inkheart, and Farid's charm-necklace.
┠ Weapons ┨ One long, thick survival knife in his backpack, which contains much of what he uses for his fire dancing.
┠ Clothing Style ┨

photo Dustfinger clothes_zpswi4xyt8e.jpg
▐ ❝Why did death make life taste so much sweeter? Why did the heart love only what it could also lose?❞

message 4: by DK (new)

DK A P P R O V E D

message 5: by Ilsa (last edited Aug 15, 2015 04:38PM) (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 134 comments  photo Arrow line divider.png_zpsz25y14qh.jpeg
 photo Red Hair girl baby_zps3gqs9hrq.jpg
▐ ❝I thought I died when I was a child... I thought from my dreams, I had gone to Heaven sometimes... and other times, to Hell.❞

╠═ General ═╣

╬═ Name ═╬ Fiera Nikolaieva
┠ First ┨ Jane
┠ Last ┨ Doe
┠ Nickname ┨ The Matchstick Girl, Gingersnap, Pyro

╬═ Age ═╬ 16
┠ Date of Birth ┨ February 11th
┠ Place of Birth ┨ St. Petersburg, Fairy Tale Russia.

photo Shipwrecked girl_zps0citbymu.jpg
▐ ❝I wasn't asleep all those years, was I? I mean, this isn't even my language I'm speaking... It doesn't make any sense.❞

╠═ Personal ═╣

╬═ Relationships ═╬ None
┠ Sexual Orientation ┨ Heterosexual
┠ Current Status ┨ Single
┠ Infatuation ┨ None
┠ Activity ┨ None

╬═ History ═╬
┠ Heritage ┨
Fiera was born during the era of Imperial Russia, to an abusive father and sickly mother. The father forced all of the children to slave in whatever jobs they could find, textiles, etc.
┠ Childhood ┨
Fiera was made to go out on the streets with fistfuls of long twigs, long matchsticks, selling them for a few pennies each. If she didn't bring back enough, the young girl, maybe 4-7 years old at the time, was brutally beaten. Prompted by this, one night, when she was seven, she stayed out all night in the harsh winter, offering her matchsticks to indifferent people. She faded into the snowdrifts, and thought she died, slipping into ice, drifting into the freezing cold. She died...
┠ Adolescence ┨
...But she didn't! Fiera was washed ashore at the island of the Lost Boys, seemingly taken by a fairy to Neverland. However, she was comatose, and after Peter and the boys took care of her for nine years, they gave up on her ever waking up, and left her alone. Besides, she'd grown too old for them at that point. Then... Pirates! They took her in, but after only a few days, they were frustrated that she still didn't wake up from her coma. Not caring about the blood on their hands, they decided to give her a fair chance with nature again, setting her adrift in a sloop with mutinous pirates. There was a great storm at sea, though, and the ship crumbled into a wreck at the onslaught of the waves. The mutinous pirates died, but guess who survived nature once more and smashed against the shore of Storybrooke Bay? You've got it.
┠ Adulthood ┨
She remained comatose throughout the time freeze, and woke up the instant magic came to Storybrooke. The blast of magic in the city woke in her body the magical propensity for lighting up sparks and light flames, though she hasn't discovered control yet.

photo Adara5_zpssxmi3k0w.jpg
▐ ❝I'm sorry for acting like a little kid... But that's what I am, you know? I'm trying, but it's all just really... surreal.❞

╠═ Mental ═╣

╬═ Personality ═╬
Fiera is really childish, but her brain developed. She dreamed while comatose, and these odd dreams saved her from going brain dead. They also taught her the English language, oddly enough, and basic mathematics, anatomy... Maybe things she subconsciously picked up around her caretakers, maybe not. Right now, she's in a big identity crisis, and is trying to regain enough muscle mass to walk well.
╬═ Highs ═╬
┠ Likes ┨
⇒ Warmth and heat. She can't get enough of it. She's actually quite terrified of being alone in the snow.
⇒ Soda. Oh man, best invention ever since she slept for like, a hundred years! Neverland time bending wonders. Wow.
⇒ Positive attention. It shocks her mind that there can be a community of people who care so much, since her whole conscious life had been one of abuse. It's rather like a stray cat yearning to be petted.
⇒ Chocolate. Another wonder!
⇒ And... People. They happen to be a new interest. She finds herself studying them for hours, sketching them, obsessed with their differences and similarities. It's a way she can drown her mind without killing it.

┠ Strengths ┨
⇒ Amateur firebender.
⇒ So pathetic and darn interesting that she's learned in the first few hours that she can get attention by acting weak (and she is weak right now) and she can also get loads of information, and if she asks nicely, no one hits her!
⇒ Surprisingly witty for someone of her condition. She's sarcastic and dry around people she trusts, and fears those she doesn't trust as potential abusers.
⇒ When she learns to clearly read English, I'd like her to be a Silver Tongue.

╬═ Lows ═╬
┠ Dislikes ┨
⇒ Strangers, so she tries to know people as fast as possible.
⇒ Shots. Pain for medication? No way!
⇒ The cold always bothered her anyway. Come on, the last thing she remembers is slowly freezing to death.
⇒ Peanut butter. She has a mild allergy that makes her mouth swell up, or her skin if she touches it. It might last an hour.
⇒ Violence. She hates being the victim, so tries to be strong enough to never be it again.

┠ Weaknesses ┨
⇒ Ice and cold.
⇒ She's physically weak right about now.
⇒ Lack of control -she's a danger to herself and those around her.

┠ Fears ┨
⇒ Cold
- She remembers dying in the snow.
⇒ Her father
- She has nightmares.

photo Adara8_zpshzva6bd5.jpg
▐ ❝I had dreams, I suppose. They challenged me to learn, I didn't know what, but now... Now I speak your language. Now I can do the same things you can, this... magic. I'm scared.❞

╠═ Social ═╣

╬═ Status ═╬
┠ Rank ┨ Hospital bound in physical therapy.
┠ Respect ┨ 「9/10」Mostly pitied by those around her.

╬═ Associates ═╬
┠ Family ┨
Mother
⇢Name: Amanda
Father
⇢ Nikolai
↳Alive/Dead:
↳Love ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
┠ Friends ┨ Anyone she can convince to befriend her.
┠ Foes ┨ None yet.
┠ Pets ┨ None yet.

photo Scottish1_zpshraauo5i.jpg
▐ ❝Well, excuse me for not realizing everyone here seems to know me. I didn't lose my consciousness in that wreck, on the water. I lost it long ago. The stuff in the middle? I don't have that.❞

╠═ Physical ═╣

╬═ Appearance ═╬
┠ Look ┨
 photo Adara6_zpsxxin18fk.jpg
┠ Face Claim ┨ Ailera Stone
┠ Build ┨ Hourglass, very skinny atm.
┠ Eyes ┨ Blue
┠ Hair ┨ Bright red
┠ Markings ┨ None
┠ Other ┨ None.

╬═ Apparel ═╬
┠ Prized Belongings ┨ She has her mother's silver bracelet, which she was given to her for good luck, and which she'd hidden on her upper arm as a child. Then, it was taken by the pirates; she doesn't know where it is.
┠ Weapons ┨ None. Her body.
┠ Clothing Style ┨
(view spoiler)

message 6: by DK (new)

DK A P P R O V E D

Oɴᴄᴇ Uᴘᴏɴ A Tɪᴍᴇ;; Aᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ Rᴘ

unread topics | mark unread