Libri Labra Book Club discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Desirai (new)

Desirai | 256 comments Mod
Welcome to The Mommy Gamers book club! Please introduce yourself. Tell us a little about your hobbies, interests and what kind of books you enjoy reading. We look forward to getting to know you and reading some great books together.

message 2: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Carvell (marandacarvell) | 16 comments Hey guys!

I'm Maranda and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I'm a Nutritionist and mom of four kids, and am a gamer. I read a lot, and am open to just about anything; general fiction, fantasy, lighter sci fi, YA, biographies, health and wellness books... I particularly like fantasy and Arthurian legend.

Lately I've had insomnia and have been reading a ridiculous amount of YA, since it's nice and light for reading at 2am. It's not actually my fave, despite the large amount of it in my feed :)

I am a quick reader and open to reading just about anything! I also love to re-read.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom | 264 comments Tom from northeastern Pennsylvania here. I do state reporting for a local school district. While I've been a long time listener and supporter of TMG, I've been a member of a local book club for even longer (for around 20 years). I like a variety of genres like Sci-Fi/Fantasy, classics, historical fiction, modern literary fiction, non-fiction, poetry among others. (I don't know why I wrote that since you can quickly access what I've read the past 1.5 years...)

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom | 264 comments @Maranda Have you ever read The Once and Future King and The Book of Merlyn by T.H. White? It's a favorite of mine.

message 5: by John (new)

John Henry (psychovandal) | 4 comments Mod
Hello everyone! I am John, Desirai's husband. I also help out with The Mommy Gamers. I'll be joining you guys and gals on this adventure. I'm looking forward to the experiences this will bring me. Good reading, everyone!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 6 comments Hi friends! I'm Ashley, a TMG fan and infrequent writing contributor as a guest blogger. I am currently pursuing my BA in English Literature and Creative Writing at Binghamton University. Juggling school and single motherhood is a real hoot (;)) so I'm not sure of the time commitment that I can make here, but I would like to try. I think reading for recreation among all the required readings for the semester (25 books!) will be a fun challenge but will also help me keep sane ... so I will try. Hope to see you guys around and have some fun discussions!