The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

FALL CHALLENGE 2015 > 15.8 - Culture Vulture

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
15.8 - Culture Vulture
Delve into Native American culture by reading a book found on the Native American Fiction list. Required: State on which page of the list your book can be found when you post.

message 2: by Kristina Simon (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Kristina Simon (new)

placeholder

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

This thread is now open!

message 6: by Barbara ★ (last edited Nov 25, 2015 08:26PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1090 comments I have a book that is not on the Native American Fiction list but it is #335 on the Best Native American/First Nations Fiction list. Would that work?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

Bad Blood (Kate Shugak #20) by Dana Stabenow Bad Blood - Dana Stabenow

The entire series should be on both lists and I will add it after this challenge is over. The main character is an Aluet native and lives in a Native village. She investigates murder among the Native tribes.

Premise of book:
One hundred years of bad blood between the villages of Kushtaka and Kuskulana come to a boil when the body of a young Kushtaka ne'er-do-well is found wedged in a fish wheel. The village of Kushtaka takes its Native heritage seriously and refuses Federal aid while the other Kushulana prospers with Federal grants. This causes a major feud between the tribes and leads to murder and retaliation murder.

message 7: by Kristina Simon (new)

Barbara ★ wrote: "I have a book that is not on the Native American Fiction list but it is #335 on the Best Native American/First Nations Fiction list. Would that work?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1......"

Sorry for the late reply, Barbara. But, no, the book has to be on the list in the task description.

message 8: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1090 comments bummer. thanks for checking.