The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

FALL CHALLENGE 2015 > 5.8 - Four Worlds

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Aug 28, 2015 03:26AM) (new)

Sandy | 15613 comments Mod
5.8. Four Worlds
In a Navajo creation myth, there were 4 worlds through which humans passed to reach the current world - an Island world, a Blue world inhabited by various blue-gray furred mammals and birds, a Yellow world, and finally a White world, where sacred mountains were re-formed from soil taken from the Blue world.

Read a book with one of the following words in the title/subtitle - Island, Blue, Yellow, White, Mountain. Plurals and possessives may be used, no other variations.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Reserved

message 4: by Sandy (new)

This thread is now open!

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Claire wrote: "American Passage: The History of Ellis Island by Vincent J. Cannato"

yes, Island is one of the listed words.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (balletbookworm) | 945 comments Clarification: is it title or subtitle? The task says "title" but the book Claire had approved has the word in the subtitle (I've got a possibility for this task, too, but the work is in the subtitle).

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Melissa wrote: "Clarification: is it title or subtitle? The task says "title" but the book Claire had approved has the word in the subtitle (I've got a possibility for this task, too, but the work is in the subti..."

subtitle is fine - I'll amend the task to make that clear.

message 9: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (daphnesm) | 486 comments Here is an interesting looking one I'd like to use for ISLAND in the subtitle also: The Statues that Walked: Unraveling the Mystery of Easter Island

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Daphne wrote: "Here is an interesting looking one I'd like to use for ISLAND in the subtitle also: The Statues that Walked: Unraveling the Mystery of Easter Island"

Island is in the subtitle, yes.