The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

FALL CHALLENGE 2015 > 5.6 - Four Cords

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Aug 15, 2015 04:14AM) (new)

Sandy | 16195 comments Mod
5.6.Four Cords
In a Kiowa Apache creation myth, the earth was created by 4 gods mixing their sweat into a small brown ball, which expanded as they kicked it about. Tarantula attached 4 cords, black, blue, yellow and white, to the ball, pulling each in a different direction.

Read a book with a four word title. Subtitles may be used or ignored.

message 2: by Sandy (last edited Oct 13, 2015 11:39AM) (new)

these work:
The One & Only

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Reserved

message 4: by Sandy (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) Would graphic novels work for this, by counting 'Volume #' as part of the four words, and ignoring the subtitle?

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Lulu wrote: "Would graphic novels work for this, by counting 'Volume #' as part of the four words, and ignoring the subtitle?"

that depends on how the title is worded.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Lulu wrote: "How about Morning Glories, Vol. 4: Truants?"

yes, that works as a 4 word title.

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Claire wrote: "Overheard in a Dream by Torey L. Hayden"

yes, that title has 4 words.

message 11: by Kaity (new)

Kaity | 375 comments I think Lulu's question might answer mine as well but I wanted to double check in case the fourth word there was in the subtitle. Would Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 work for this task?

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Kait wrote: "I think Lulu's question might answer mine as well but I wanted to double check in case the fourth word there was in the subtitle. Would Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 work for this task?"

That's fine.

message 13: by Kristen (new)

Kristen IA (kristenia) | 722 comments The One & Only? Not sure if the ampersand counts as a word...I'm thinking yes because numerals count, but just want to be sure. Thanks.

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Kristen wrote: "The One & Only? Not sure if the ampersand counts as a word...I'm thinking yes because numerals count, but just want to be sure. Thanks."

yes, the & works - just a substitute for "and" here.

message 16: by Sandy (new)

MacabreGoblin wrote: "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest: The Inside Story of the World's Best-Documented UFO Incident by Nick Pope (ignoring the subtitle)"

that is 4 words, so it works.

message 17: by Blueberry (last edited Nov 22, 2015 05:56PM) (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) | 493 comments Will Reclaiming the "E" Word: Waking Up to Our Evangelical Identity work? (Using only the title, not the subtitle?

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Blueberry wrote: "Will Reclaiming the "E" Word: Waking Up to Our Evangelical Identity work? (Using only the title, not the subtitle?"

yes