Writer's Aid discussion

Helping You: Aid > Critique Corner || Find a Critic here!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 23, 2015 05:05AM) (new)

description

description

Note to Writers:

Please do not post here. Once you find an available critic who interests you, please contact them through the means they provided and if there are none then private message them.

Note to Critics:

Please place an advertisement only. If you have any payment, please mention in detail. Provide details about your critique styles, preferred genres, preferred types. Make sure your client knows sufficient details.

message 2: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) I'd like to join as a critic: I prefer classic; fanfiction on Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, or Divergent; horror; mystery, but not romance. Since I'm the first here, I'm a little naive about this, so if you want to know more, feel free to contact me. I've got only one fee: nothing.

message 3: by Jarvis , I'll hide the evening stars, and fold them in your heart. (new)

Jarvis  | 227 comments Mod
I too wanna join as a critic : I read Fanfiction about Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes. I also like clean romance. Dystopia and horror are lower favorites. No fee. Contact me on my thread or PM :)

message 4: by TessaMarie (new)

TessaMarie Beard | 0 comments I offer my Services to any who would like me to critique their work. I will critique any work besides fanfiction. Warning, I am not an Editor so please don't ask me to edit anything because while my grammer is normally on Point I have been living in Austria for the past 5 or so months and have largely forgotton how to English.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Jennifer,

I would advise you to look at my first post. Please do not post here. Once you find an available critic who interests you, please contact them through the means they provided and if there are none then private message them.

message 6: by Hallie (last edited May 04, 2016 02:34AM) (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) Alexandra, please take a look at the rules at the top of this topic again. "Once you find an available critic who interests you, please contact them through the means they provided and if there are none then private message them." Please do not post here.

message 7: by ArielleLynn (new)

ArielleLynn I'm offering myself up as a critic for your work. I read a bit of everything, so genre doesn't typically hold me back.

I do like to explain that when I critique a piece of work, I really dig into it. Sink my fingers in and pick at the threads so that I might truly dive into the story. Simply saying 'Oh this is great!' doesn't cut it for me. How can we, as writers, improve if we're too afraid to point out places that could use improvement?

Depending on what you're looking for, I can provide an overall critique or an in-depth analysis of what you've written, and list things I absolutely adore as well as things I feel can be improved upon. I'll also give suggestions/reasons why I feel that way.

All of my feedback is there for you to use as you see fit. Take it or leave it. :)

message 8: by purplebookworm (new)

purplebookworm (puplebookworm) I can offer up my opinions. I just don't know how I would do that on here.

message 9: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Ferguson | 15 comments I'm definitely going to take up any critiquing help I can get for a piece I wrote when I was 15 - but is still special to me because it was really good*.

It's called Gold, and it's YA historical fiction about a family living in Australia just after the gold rush had come and gone.

I'd like to *ahem* polish it till it shines. *ba-dum-tss*

*According to my mum, who said it made her cry. I think she meant it as a compliment.

message 10: by Hallie (new)

Hallie (inkyhallie) Daniel, please take a look at the rules at the top of this topic again. "Once you find an available critic who interests you, please contact them through the means they provided and if there are none then private message them." Please do not post here if you want a critic. Message them privately instead.

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Ferguson | 15 comments Ah, whoops, not sure what I was thinking, my mistake. Sorry.

message 12: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 61 comments Hi, those interested in learning about my beta reading services are most welcome to visit my website:

http://ramlazareen.blogspot.de/p/beta...

You can also PM me here or email me at betareader_ramlazareen@hotmail.com

Thanks ...and happy writing! :-)
Ramla Zareen