Young Adult Reader Club discussion

July's Books > Ink Exchange Discussion *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (missjenna) | 586 comments Mod
I am really enjoying the second book so far, I liked that even though the first and second book focus on different characters they don't feel disconnected.

There is another series I read, where the first and second book were about different people and there were no real connections between them until like the very end which was kind of weird.

I also see similarities between Seth and Niall and though they are from different places and have lead different lives,I can see why they regard one another as brothers.

At the moment I'm kind of mad at Keenan for using Niall,I can see where he's coming from but I would definitely have been upset if I was Niall.

I really love the characters in this book and am addicted,It's been hard to put the book down and I'm sure I'll be done very soon.

What do you guys think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the book. The "other world" in the book was an interesting take on faeries, or fey. I loved Niall's character, but I was a little disappointed with the ending.

message 3: by Jenna (last edited Jul 21, 2009 03:59PM) (new)

I didn't really like that Irial just gave his kingship to Niall when he knew that it wasn't really what Niall wanted. I think that a lot will change in the dark court if Niall decides to stay king,so that will be interesting. I just want to see if He gets a chance to reconnect with Leslie.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I do as well. I just got Wicked Lovely from the library, so hopefully that will clear up some of the story where Aislinn and Keenan are concerned by the time Fragile Eternity is available at my library.

message 5: by Jenna (new)

Yeah I definitely think reading Wicked Lovely will help explain the story behind Aislinn,Seth and Keenan's relationship.

I just bought Fragile Eternity and I'm excited to start reading it,I'm not sure if it is about different characters or not so that should be interesting!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe it is more along the Seth and Aislinn story. After I finish Wicked Lovely, Fragile Eternity should be available at my library and I will finally know the whole story!! :) I didn't know Ink Exchange was from a series when I read it. I read it for a challenge where I had to close my eyes and pick two books from the YA section of my library... I guess closing my eyes to pick a book isn't the best way to go about things. Hehe

message 7: by Jenna (new)

I've done that before,where I read a book in the middle of a series not realizing it. Oh well at least you're going back and reading the first book. I'm really excited to see what happens in the next book. I heard there was going to be a fourth book in this series and then several off shoot books that dealt with the same world but different people,so I might have to pick those up at some point!

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey It's been a while since I read this one. I know that they called the third book a sequel to Wicked Lovely, not this one. So, it's weird.. I admit I've read Fragile Eternity *squeals* but I will not reveal anything... I swear it!

message 9: by Pollyanna (new)

Pollyanna (polly8) I finished Ink Exchange at the weekend and I really enjoyed it. I even preferred it to Wicked Lovely but that is also a great book. I found it hard to put down and I liked that Leslie was the main character here, sometimes it is nice to get away from other characters to see the POV of others.

I liked Niall too, I would also like to see if he ever reconnects with Leslie. I thought they would make quite a cute couple it is a shame she didn't become a queen like Aislinn.

I am excited to read Fragile Eternity, I have already got it but I'll have to wait a bit as I've got more books to read before it.