Young Adult Reader Club discussion

July's Books > The Secret Life of Bees Discussion *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (missjenna) | 586 comments Mod
What were your feelings about this book? Did you connect with the characters?

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Has anyone read this book? What are your thoughts? Have you seen the movie? How do you feel the two compare?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the book okay. I did see the movie first (which I don't really like to do), so I knew what to expect. I felt the book was a little slow moving for me, but the characters were very well developed.

message 4: by Jenna (new)

I agree I think that the characters were well written but the story did drag in spots for me. I'm going to rent the movie soon so I can see how they compare.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Let me know what you think. I liked the movie as well, which is why I picked up the book in the first place.

message 6: by Jenna (new)

I heard about the movie and then saw that it was based off a book, so I thought I should read the book first. I prefer to read the book before I see the movie,but I don't always get around to it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer to read the book first too, but my sister-in-law invited me to go with her because it was a book she had read.

message 8: by Jenna (new)

Yeah, that happens to me too and then I just don't worry about and try to go back and read to book afterward. Usually when I do that it allows me to appreciate the story more.