For the Freaks discussion

Beliefs > Philosophy and the Tough Questions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Osiecki (rozemaiden87) | 66 comments Mod
Let's talk about life's hardest questions here. What is morality? What is God? What is man's purpose on earth? And so forth....

message 2: by Michaela (new)

I'll start us off with a fun question: Do you believe in karma?

message 3: by Wren (new)

Wren  (wrenreaders) Michaela wrote: "I'll start us off with a fun question: Do you believe in karma?"

Yes, I do. At least, I hope it exists

message 4: by Michaela (new)

Interesting.

I think it's an interesting idea, but every culture's idea of karma is also radically different. In my own experience though, I've never really seen karma do what it's meant to - sort of in a "goes around, comes around" kind of way. Too many good people continuously suffer and too many jack-a$$es get away with their nastiness.

message 5: by Camille (new)

Camille Dent (thecamillion) | 6 comments I believe in karma of humanity, not necessarily of individuals. For example, if someone goes on a rampage and shoots people in a school, all that negative energy from the event--anger, hate, sadness--will be recycled and released through other humans. It may all come back into a single person, causing another maniac to rise up, but more often I think it is dispersed among many people, causing our unexplained bad days, periods of depression, etc. However, the dispersion is random, not based on the individuals' past. I used a very extreme example, but I believe that even something as simple as losing your temper at someone will put negative energy into the world that will effect someone else.

The same is also true for positive energy. The more that is put into the world, the more that will be released! I'm one who doesn't care if my, or anyone else's, beliefs are correct, as long as those beliefs inspire you to improve the world.

message 6: by Michaela (new)

Hmm it sounds more like you're talking about residual energy, the way it builds up and releases. Tragic events and intense emotions definitely leave their mark on a place or person and can manifest in really interesting ways.

Your second example makes me think of the Law of Attraction - that what you put out into the universe comes back to you in a sense. Sort of like you attract the vibes you're putting out into the world....and whether that really happens or not I still think it's very important to be mindful of our energy.