Books > Latest Read

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Osiecki (rozemaiden87) | 66 comments Mod
What book did you last read?
Did you like it - why or why not?

message 2: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments Just finished BLIND SIGHT It doesn't happen often but I ditched the book! Too many good books out there to wrack my aged brain trying to figure out what that author was thinking when he wrote it. 2 thumbs DOWN!

message 3: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments I'm sorry, I don't know why my post got posted twice?? I don't know how to delete one of them?

message 4: by Michaela (new)

Rumeur wrote: "I'm sorry, I don't know why my post got posted twice?? I don't know how to delete one of them?"

It's all good. I got it. :)

message 5: by Michaela (new)

I'm rereading Inkheart at the moment. Such a classic for me.

Mishelly loves  (mishellyloves) Hi! I'm reading allegiant, the 3rd book in the divergent series. eager to finish it. I loved the first 2 trying not to let other people influence my take on the last book. but eager to just finish. I havnt decided what I'll read next. toss up with Jane Eyre. or the 3rd book in immortal instruments series. decisions decisions. lol

message 7: by Michaela (new)

I never read any of the Divergent books. I guess teen based dystopia isn't really my thing. :P

Jane Eyre is a classic though, so if you want a break from trilogies that's a good option.

message 8: by Michaela (new)

Digging into some classics again - reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

message 9: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments I'm not into any dystopian type books but I hear ( I think maybe in movies) that the books are being played out. Usually never as good as the book, no movies ever are

RIP Harper Lee. Think she was 90!

message 10: by Michaela (new)

Yeah, she was definitely getting up there.

I just finished reading Calls to Mystic Alice, from another author who's getting up there in years. Only this one's a psychic medium and her book was all about talking to spirits, soul pools, etc. I didn't really enjoy it - her views were very antiquated and there was a lot of Christian fear-mongering.

message 11: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments Maybe it actually WAS a Christian book? I only say this cause I, never knew that "genre" existed until I got it & the blurb on back said it :/

I dont know much about the psychic/paranormal genre as I don't usually read too many, so I'd have no idea of antiquated vs present day

Your comments on the book are very valid though,I'd believe so, since you read more of them

message 12: by Rumeur (new)

Rumeur | 16 comments I'm reading SNATCHED--From Drug Queen, to Informer to Hostage

It's true story about this Columbian woman who then comes to USA & the government gets her involved, but as the good government here is, they didn't keep real good tabs on her & she got.......SNATCHED. Kidnapped in S. America, then Us government abandoned her

I'm not finished yet, apparently she gets out, i dont know how yet, but the book starts with her suing government for their blunder, plus she also asks for damages since she has MS, & the pressure of being kidnapped exacerbated her symptoms.

It's really interesting reading , learning how DEA infiltrates with these informers, but they should've been more diligent in this case