Archive - Past Group Reads > Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - added it

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll

HER PERFECT LIFE
IS A PERFECT LIE.

As a teenager at the prestigious Bradley School, Ani FaNelli endured a shocking, public humiliation that left her desperate to reinvent herself. Now, with a glamorous job, expensive wardrobe, and handsome blue blood fiancé, she’s this close to living the perfect life she’s worked so hard to achieve.

But Ani has a secret.

There’s something else buried in her past that still haunts her, something private and painful that threatens to bubble to the surface and destroy everything.

With a singular voice and twists you won’t see coming, Luckiest Girl Alive explores the unbearable pressure that so many women feel to “have it all” and introduces a heroine whose sharp edges and cutthroat ambition have been protecting a scandalous truth, and a heart that's bigger than it first appears.

The question remains: will breaking her silence destroy all that she has worked for—or, will it at long last, set Ani free?

Start Date: August 15, 2015

Brandy | 2535 comments I'm starting this one a little early.

Brandy | 2535 comments I'm a few chapters in, still wondering what happened that they keep referencing and undecided if I like Ani or not.

message 4: by Brandy (last edited Aug 18, 2015 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brandy | 2535 comments So I am almost done, 90%. pretty good (view spoiler) this book is pretty draining. I need something lighthearted and funny now.

Brandy | 2535 comments Done. Someone come talk to me about this book

message 6: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - added it

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I'm still waiting.. I'm hoping I get it soon. I just got Dark Places so I may start that one if I don't get this one soon.

message 7: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - added it

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
My book finally came in!!

Brie | 569 comments Only a month behind but I finally started this today! So far I'm unsure how I feel about Tif/Ani.. She kinda bugs me already..

Brandy | 2535 comments Brie wrote: "Only a month behind but I finally started this today! So far I'm unsure how I feel about Tif/Ani.. She kinda bugs me already.."

Well, she is going to make you angry a few times

message 10: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - added it

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Boo. I just started today myself. I'm only a chapter in but I already don't like Ani.

message 11: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Brandy wrote: "Done. Someone come talk to me about this book"

(view spoiler)

Brandy | 2535 comments (view spoiler)

message 13: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Brandy wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

lol, I love that our comments are just 'view spoiler' (view spoiler)

message 14: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - added it

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Do I just need to push through the first few chapters? Maybe I'm just having a slump week but I'm having a hard time getting into this book so far.

Brandy | 2535 comments Yes, just push through! It will start to grab your attention and soon be hard to put down.

message 16: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - added it

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Ok good. I'll definitely push through then.

message 17: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments I agree with Brandy, it will be worth it after the first couple.

Brandy | 2535 comments so the first few chapters you spend hating everyone then the book starts explaining why they are the way they are. I am ok with hating characters as long as I know why I hate them. It also drove me nuts wondering what this big ol secret was.
Brie,
View Spoiler....lol I didn't notice that until you pointed it out!

message 19: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - added it

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I've switched over to the audio book.