Read-a-Long with PRICEISWONG discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
AUGUST | Throne of Glass > Throne of Glass Chapters 1-10

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica (priceiswong) | 187 comments Mod
Let's discuss!!
Is this your first time reading this or is this a reread?
What do you think of the characters so far? The world?

Kales (kaleskorner) | 7 comments I am worried I am gonna be one the few people who isn't going to like this book. I am only eight chapters in and already I'm bored. I feel like Celaena's character is contradictory and not in a well-written or fascinating way. I'm not interested in the story because it feels predictable. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be much action, just boring set-up and more telling than showing. I am having a hard time picking up the book again and am finding I want to read other things instead of pursuing this one.

Mady DeJulio This is my first time reading it. And I'm glad this was the chosen book since it moved me to finally pick it up. I get a bit worried when I pick up a fantasy book. I always have a feeling the fantasy world is going to be too hard for me to understand. So I was iffy picking this up since it's described as high-fantasy but it's really not that bad! I like how the world is being set up and I'm glad I understand everything that's going on. I like Celaena's character a lot, she's pretty snarky! I can't wait to continue reading. :)

Kathleen This was also the first time I was picking this up! The first few chapters had me hooked! The writing is wonderful and I loved how the world was being set up progressively.

Jessica (priceiswong) | 187 comments Mod
SO excited to be back in this world again. I flew through this one and I'm half way through rereading book two!! Can't believe Queen of Shadows will be in my hands (finally) in a week!!

Amber Chavez | 24 comments Just started rereading Throne of Glass. I am really enjoying it so far. The writing definitely gets better as the books go on. But love it just the same. I am glad I am rereading before Queen of Shadows. I completely forgot what happened in the 1st 3 books.