What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > romance characters with disabilities

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 13 comments Any books where the main character has a disability. Any blind, deaf, mute, cancer ridden, brain tumor having, or epileptic people welcome, also mentally handicapped people okay. No amputees or paralyzed people. Must be a romance book.

message 2: by Dee (new)

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
In Katie MacAlister's Dark Ones series, several of her female MC's have physical disabilities. Sex, Lies and Vampires is one with where the female mc has some serious physical issues.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39319 comments Mod
The Parfit Knight

I suggest listopia - there are tons of lists for romance with disabilities.

message 5: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle Ley | 44 comments Lurlene McDaniel has a lot of books that fit into that category (basically all of them).

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1136 comments Hannah's Joy by Marta Perry--a stutter. Hannah's Joy

message 7: by Joseph (last edited Aug 17, 2015 08:17AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Mary Balogh has a great romance series, The Survivors Club, about men and women severely wounded in one way or another during the Napoleonic Wars. The first book is The Proposal.

Say What You Will is a YA romance featuring a character who has cerebral palsy.

message 8: by Joshua (new)

Joshua | 44 comments Leaving Paradise - The main character is disabled due to a hit and run accident. Great book.

message 9: by Farwa (new)

Farwa | 1 comments Archers Voice by mia sheridan - mute

Maybe someday by colleen hoover - deaf

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Paranormal, but, Dark Symphony

message 11: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments Mrs. Mike. -"Mike's eyes were so blue she could swim in them."

message 12: by Sönïa (last edited Sep 07, 2015 03:18PM) (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Dangerous to Know & Love- Daniel deaf very good contemporary college romance.

SheridanArcher's Voice - archer mute.

Embattled Hearts - the hero is a wheelchair user you should check out the whole series. The series about ex marine who have retired due to a injury and now work as a detective with an agency.

A Husband's Regret - Michael goes deaf due to a accident but that's where the story literally starts so you get to see his journey.

Me Before You - hero brok his spinal cord and now wants euthanasia . It's tearful but its very descriptive in regards to everyone feeling the hero himself, his carer who later falls in love with and family.

Broken - same situation as me before you but this book is a view of how a wife deals with the situation when her husband had a accident . How she started off as friends to lovers , to wife and now a carer . It's the holistic view of a carer who she feels.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenniferlee1) | 1 comments Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson - the heroine is deaf.

message 14: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Laura wrote: "Any books where the main character has a disability. Any blind, deaf, mute, cancer ridden, brain tumor having, or epileptic people welcome, also mentally handicapped people okay. No amputees or par..."

Would you interested in following concepts: mental health issues? Such as bipolar, ADHD , OCD etc . Oh and what about cancer but the main character who has cancer doesn't die ?

message 16: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 591 comments Two lists you might find helpful
Hero/Heroine stutters/mute:

http://forums.rtbookreviews.com/viewt...

Hero/Heroine is blind, etc.

message 17: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 591 comments Also List for Character who are Deaf/Hearing Impaired:

And a List for Characters with Dyslexia:

message 18: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) | 228 comments I haven't read it but one of the reviews says the MC has recently lost her hand: Tress

message 19: by Joy (new)

Joy | 2 comments Sönïa wrote: "Laura wrote: "Any books where the main character has a disability. Any blind, deaf, mute, cancer ridden, brain tumor having, or epileptic people welcome, also mentally handicapped people okay. No a..."
I'd love some recommendations if you have heroines that have any of those.

message 20: by Furikake (new)

Furikake | 10 comments I very much enjoyed Dearest Rogue. The heroine is blind and the hero has a bad leg.

message 21: by Farahilde (new)

Farahilde | 6 comments Holding up the universe by jennifer Niven