Real Christian discussion

Chat > Cool Facts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
I love facts!!! Sooo please post some awesome, cool, funny, strange, or just out of the world facts here(:

message 2: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Okay, you wanted some random facts? Here's one for ya. ;P

Oklahoma has the largest Native American population of any state in the U.S. Many of the American Indians living in Oklahoma are descended from the 67 tribes who inhabited the Indian Territory. Oklahoma is tribal headquarters for 39 tribes.

message 3: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ooohhhhhhh!!! That's so cool!!!! XD
That is a seriously awesome fact!!! XP
Thank you (:

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The capital of Greenland is Nuuk.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesayaha) | 8 comments "In the scriptures the numbers three, seven and twelve have special meaning. The Trinity, seven days of creation and the twelve tribes of Israel are just a few examples... It is the same in music! The three notes of the Triad are the basis of harmony. The Seven notes of the natural scale and the seventh tone of the harmonic series are essential. Finally the twelve notes of the twelve harmonic series appear on the piano as the twelve members of the chromatic scale. The numeric patterns three, seven and twelve indicate the SAME AUTHOR in both nature and music!" Cool fact from from The Divine Nature of Music Book presents powerful evidence that music testifies of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ! And that God created music to remind of us of our relationship to Him. Great read.

message 6: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Oh wow!! That is so interesting!!!! I will definitely have to look into that book(: Thanks for sharing!!

message 7: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Here's a cool fact some people may not realize.
If you're trying to warm someone don't give them alcohol. We have heard a lot that alcohol will help warm your body, but it actually brings the core temperature of your body down. It makes you feel warm which is where people got that initial belief, but recent studies have disproved it. A better solution would be to give someone warm/hot tea.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesayaha) | 8 comments Mary Kate wrote: "Oh wow!! That is so interesting!!!! I will definitely have to look into that book(: Thanks for sharing!!"
Hey Mary Kate, thanks for your kind reply! Here is a new video of him discussing his book! I helped produce the video =) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwfSg...

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesayaha) | 8 comments Tamara wrote: "Here's a cool fact some people may not realize.
If you're trying to warm someone don't give them alcohol. We have heard a lot that alcohol will help warm your body, but it actually brings the core..."

That is a very important fact to know... Ginger tea with lemon and honey is the best! And it is practically medicine due to all of its amazing benefits!

message 10: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Yes! It's surprising how many people don't know this. Tea is very beneficial!!!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesayaha) | 8 comments Tamara wrote: "Yes! It's surprising how many people don't know this. Tea is very beneficial!!!"

Totally! I love herbal teas! Have you tried Turmeric tea? turmeric root is also very beneficial! Can help clean you out too!

message 12: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I haven't, but I should. Especially now since I'm fighting a cold. ;)

message 13: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw, very welcome Michelle(: I will go over and look at that! That is so cool you worked in that!!!
And hope you get better Tamara!!(:

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesayaha) | 8 comments Thank you! & hope you get better too Tamara!

message 15: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Awww, thanks guys! I feel better today. :)

message 16: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aww well good ;D

message 17: by Layto (new)

Layto | 54 comments Here's a TOTALLY random fact...moldy bread can cleanse wounds! I learned this in school!

message 18: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

What seriously? Random and completely awesome(; Haha

message 19: by Layto (new)

Layto | 54 comments Lol :)
Btw I still wouldn't recommend trying it :P

message 20: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Oh yeah. I wasn't planning on trying it. Ahahaha :P
Maybe if I was stranded on a desert island that would come in handy. Hahaha

message 21: by Layto (new)

Layto | 54 comments Lol...I wouldn't plan on it

message 22: by Layto (new)

Layto | 54 comments Lol...I wouldn't plan on it

message 23: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Hahaha. Exactly :P

message 24: by Matt (new)

Matt Hart | 148 comments There are tiny sandals carved in rocks all across and around the Arabian peninsula, from the Mediteranean to the Gulf. It is likely they were carved by the Israelites during their years in the wilderness, as a reminder of the promise in Duet 11:24.

message 25: by Tina (new)

Tina WoW

message 26: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Oh that's so cool Matt!!! That is such an awesome fact!!!

message 27: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Awww that's awesome :D :D Haha!!!!

message 28: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Haha, wow!!! Super cool!!!! Just awesome how the Bible is 100% true- all the way ((;

message 29: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

(;

message 30: by Duchessbookworm (new)

Duchessbookworm | 85 comments Ever heard of cotton candy grapes?

message 31: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

No!! That's a thing?? Ooohhhh *excited face*

message 32: by Duchessbookworm (new)

Duchessbookworm | 85 comments I know it may seem weird but they taste like Christmas
I'm not even kidding! :P

message 33: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ooohhhh sounds good to me (((; Where do you get that from?

message 34: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

OOOHHHH that is soooooooo cool *cheers* Legos are neat (((((;

message 35: by Rebecca L (new)

Rebecca L (rebeccalsnowe) | 175 comments I want a lego millenium falcon:)

message 36: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Real Egyptian chariots have been found in the middle of the Red Sea. It's true!

I wonder how they got there? Lol

message 37: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ohhhhhh hahaha!!!!! That's amazing!!!!! ((((;

message 38: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments It totally is. Just more proof that God never lies about anything in the Bible as crazy as the stories are!

message 39: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Exactly!!!!! (((((((;

message 40: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments What U.S. city has been hit the most by tornadoes?

The answer appears to be Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City is almost in a class by itself when it comes to tornado activity. According to the local National Weather Service office, the capital of Oklahoma has been hit more than 140 times since records began in the early 1890s. There seems to be no explanation other than Oklahoma City is smack in the middle of Tornado Alley, and conditions in and around the town are perfect for tornado formation during the spring months.
~Brent McRoberts of Texas A&M University.

And there's my random fact for the day! ;P

message 41: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 103 comments The ending "oma" is associated to cancer. So, Oklahoma is like Oklah-cancer.

message 42: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Um... okay...

message 43: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments So... another random fact:

Oklahoma got it's name from the Choctaw Indian words "okla humma" meaning "red people."
;)

message 44: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ohhhh these are all Soooo cool y'all!!!!! Can we have some on Georgia?? xP xD

message 45: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Um... Well, it seems that Georgia was named after King George II of England. ;)

And-- hm... This is interesting!
According to this site : "In Gainesville, the Chicken Capital of the World it is illegal to eat chicken with a fork."

message 46: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Awww that's awesome!!!! ((;
Hahahaha seriously!!!?!?! I've went to Gainesville but... I don't think I've actually tried to eat chicken with a fork there xP Hahaha!!!!! That's great JJ ((;

message 47: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 103 comments Georgia >.<

message 48: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Awww, you know you like Georgia, Cait (((;

message 49: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Hehe! Well you'd better not try it, MK! You might get arrested or something. LOL!! ;D

message 50: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

*cracking up* Hahahaha xP That'd be bad right. In Jail: Whatcha in for Mary? Me: Ummm, well... I ate chicken.... with... a fork??
Hehe xP

« previous 1