Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVED Team challenges > Team Hardcover

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9504 comments Mod
Team Members

Andrea
Angie
Caitlyn
Dawn
Kimberly

----

This is where you'll chat, post your reviews, and try to solve your puzzles.

----

Example of Review Post

The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, #1) by Steven James
Finished: 8/18/15
Rating: 5 stars
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Number I'd like revealed: 15

----

When you think you know the hidden book, post something like this:

Is the hidden book cover: Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #2) by Lacy Williams

----

Hope you all have fun! Remember, first team to solve five hidden book covers wins! ;)

Also, there is no limit to the amount of books you can read/post in a week, however, on weekends my internet time will be limited.

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Aug 21, 2015 01:33PM) (new)

Current Puzzle:

Puzzle #5

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Aug 21, 2015 01:37PM) (new)

Solved Puzzles (4/5):

Puzzle 1

Puzzle 2

Puzzle 3

Puzzle 4

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

If you all want to change your name, just let me know ;)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments Hello team mates!

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Hi guys! We need a captain.

message 7: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Hey team! This challenge looks like so much fun, can't wait for it to start! :)

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (ksnapier) | 667 comments Hello team mates. Can't wait to begin

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (ksnapier) | 667 comments Does anyone want to be captain? or do we need one?

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I'll be captain if we need one.

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Hi y'all! Hope we have fun on this game. I've never played it before, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm cool with letting Dawn be the captain. Anyone else agree?

Where's everyone from? I'm from north Texas and have loved reading since... well, I can't remember not loving reading. Don't get to read as much now as I wish, due to my jobs, but I dive into books whenever I get the opportunity.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments I'm from Pennsylvania

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments My family and I drove through Pennsylvania a few years ago on our road trip vacation up the East Coast. Very beautiful state.

message 14: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Hi Team! We've got our first puzzle. Each book we read will uncover a piece. I'd asked for clarification in the question thread. Also each book we read will give us a guess.

I'm going to read this one for my first book. Promise of a Family by Jo Ann Brown

What books will you read for your first one?

message 15: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Andrea - I'm from Houston.

message 16: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments I'm from Vermont, Andrea!

My first book will probably be The Bones Will Speak (Gwen Marcey #2) by Carrie Stuart Parks

message 17: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (ksnapier) | 667 comments I'm from Ohio. I like to read, and knit. Usually at the same time. In fact I will be sending in two reviews today, hopefully.
I love Pennsylvania. Some of my ancestors have a farm around Lancaster County.

I will be reviewing Infused and Keepers of the Covenant (The Restoration Chronicles #2) by Lynn Austin

message 18: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (ksnapier) | 667 comments Book Reviewed: Infused

Rating 4 stars

Review: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Number I'd like: 6

message 19: by Dawn (last edited Aug 17, 2015 09:07AM) (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments My goodness Kimberly. How'd you read that so quickly? Good job on finishing up the first book.

Oh and you need to link to YOUR review of the book.

message 20: by Andrea (last edited Aug 17, 2015 10:12AM) (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments So great to get to know y'all!

I'm reading The Lighthouse Brides Collection: 6 Romances Develop at Historic Light Stations

Couldn't get the cover to come up, but it's the Lighthouse Brides Collection of novellas.

message 21: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (ksnapier) | 667 comments Sorry, here is my linnk.

http://ksnapier.blogspot.com/2015/08/...

It is a recipe book, so it was not difficult. Just needed to make sure the recipes made sense and their added material was beneficial.

message 22: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Hi Kimberly, I'm sorry but cookbooks won't work for this challenge. I'm sorry for not clarifying that sooner, but I just got online and it never entered my mind that cookbooks would be used for this challenge. I will updated the FAQs page with this information. Cookbooks, graphic novels, comic books won't count, but fiction and non-fiction that are over 100 pages do. So sorry and I hope you all understand. :)

message 23: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Is everyone reading a book by someone they've read before now? Or is anyone reading one by someone they've never read before?

My book is by five different authors, only one of whom I've read before: DiAnn Mills. This is the first time, though, that I've read any of her historicals. Enjoying it so far.

message 24: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I changed my mind about my first book. I'll now be reading One More Wish by Robin Jones Gunn. I got it in today! And yes Andrea, my book is by someone I've read before.

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Oh, Dawn, don't you just LOVE Robin's books? I've only read a couple, but I simply adore them. Always looking for more. Hope you enjoy One More Wish!

message 26: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments I ended up changing my mind and reading Target (Denver FBI, #0.5) by Lisa Phillips for my first book because it was short and easy to get through! I hadn't read anything by this author before! Will post my review tomorrow, too tired to do it right now. :)

message 27: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Was it enjoyable enough to look for more books by the same author?

message 28: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Aug 17, 2015 11:30PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments I'll be reading Black Magic Woman by Eric Wilder

Edit~my book isn't eligible for the challenge. Sorry about that.

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Is it okay if we read two books simultaneously? Will they both count toward our game? I can't always read two at once, but it's working out that way this week.

My second book is Love Remains (Matchmakers, #1) by Kaye Dacus .

message 30: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

As long as you didn't start either book before the start of the challenge (Monday, August 17th at 12:00 AM PT) -- yes, you can read as many books as you wish simultaneously. :)

message 31: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Started them both after the game began. Thanks, Melanie! I also posted my question in the Q&A page, since others may wonder the same thing.

message 32: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

You're welcome! Thanks for asking! :D I tend to read several books at a time, which is a little problematic for this challenge, just because I was in the middle of two books before it began and I don't want to restart them, so I won't be able to count those once I finish :/

message 33: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments I see the problem there. Having so many books going at once reminds me of when I was in middle school. I could easily keep several different stories straight in my head back then. Not so much now, though I still try.

message 34: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Andrea wrote: "Was it enjoyable enough to look for more books by the same author?"

Yes! I plan on reading the next book in the series when I get a chance!

message 35: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Here is my review of Target: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Number I'd like revealed: 1

message 36: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Caitlyn wrote: "Here is my review of Target: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Number I'd like revealed: 1"

Puzzle updated (Message 2). Well done on getting your first number revealed, Team Hardcover :)

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Caitlyn, I hope you get a chance to read the next book in the series soon!

Team, does anyone know from the revealed piece which part of the "Love" books it is (Inspired, Suspense, etc.)?

message 38: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Andrea wrote: "Caitlyn, I hope you get a chance to read the next book in the series soon!

Team, does anyone know from the revealed piece which part of the "Love" books it is (Inspired, Suspense, etc.)?"

Thanks! My guess would be Suspense, but I'm not certain!

message 39: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Here is my review of The Bones Will Speak: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Piece I'd like removed: 9

message 40: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Puzzle updated (Message 2). :)

message 41: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments Here's my review for One More Wish.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I'd like piece # 15 removed.

message 42: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments It's a Love Inspired Suspense. They're purple. Historicals are a rosy color. The contemporaries are yellowish.

message 43: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Dawn wrote: "Here's my review for One More Wish.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I'd like piece # 15 removed."

Updated :)

message 44: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Team, I think I found it. Do y'all agree on this one for our guess or not?
http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.ht...

message 45: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments The piece we just revealed, do you think it's a window or maybe a boat?

message 46: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments It looks like a boat to me.

message 47: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments It looks like Shake Down by Jill Elizabeth Nelson . What do you guys think?

message 48: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I think you may be right Andrea. Should we make that one our guess?

message 49: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (ksnapier) | 667 comments Sounds good to me also

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 337 comments I agree Andrea

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.