What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Teen Fiction/90's/Group of Girls visit aunt over summer/ghost in hotel

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineearnshaw) | 6 comments Teen fiction book aimed at young girls. It's about a group of female friends who go to one of their aunts for the summer holidays. Whilst there one of the girls is introduced to a secret society by another girl she meets in a playground (I think called Sid) and one of the other girls believes the aunts house/hotel to be haunted and begins communicating with the ghost via tapping on the walls. I also think at one point they purchase dresses in a charity shop and go to see a play one of them is in.

It's driving me nuts!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
What country is it set in?

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineearnshaw) | 6 comments England

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33270 comments Mod
Catherine, what's the genre - paranormal (not romance), coming-of-age, etc.? What's the tone - mysterious, funny, angsty, etc.?

How many girls are in this group of friends? Are some sisters?

Around what year did you read this book?

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineearnshaw) | 6 comments I read the book in the early - mid 2000's. None are sisters, just a group of best friends.

The genre is a little hard to determine - it's directed at teenage girls and it's quite a simple story of adventure (with paranormal elements).

There are probably 4-5 girls in the group.

message 6: by Isabelle (last edited Aug 16, 2015 10:00AM) (new)

Isabelle Ley | 44 comments This is probably not it because it was published in 2006 and it doesn't match all the aspects of your story, but Together Again? (view spoiler)

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineearnshaw) | 6 comments Sadly it's not but eerily similar! Thank you for helping, I can't get it off my mind!

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33270 comments Mod
Is it a horror story like Party Summer by R.L. Stine?

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineearnshaw) | 6 comments Nope, not a horror. If I remember correctly the ghost turned out to be pretty friendly.

message 10: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments Was this part of a series?
Time period story takes place?
Anything about the cover?

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherineearnshaw) | 6 comments I don't think it was part of a series, just a standalone book. I think it takes place over the course of two weeks (over a school holiday).

I really can't recall the cover although it may just have been an illustration of the friends smiling.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Catherine, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Catherine, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Together Again (other topics)
Party Summer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

R.L. Stine (other topics)