Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Publisher vs. Collection

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ximena (new)

Ximena (ximenaalarco) | 6 comments Hello! I read the librarian's manual thoroughly but still have this question I really hope someone can help me with soon.

I was working on this book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8... , which was published in the "Folio Junior" collection of "Éditions Gallimard Jeunesse", which is a publishing house that belongs to the publisher "Éditions Gallimard".

Now, according to the practices for "publisher": "When there is a choice between a publisher and an imprint, the general rule is to choose the most specific rather than more general." And according to "Imprints are not series": "Imprints and other unrelated collections of works (usually by multiple authors) are not series. They can be grouped with a Listopia list, or the collection/imprint information can be listed in the edition field".

After reading that information, I decided to set "Gallimard Jeunesse" as the "publisher" and "Folio Junior - N°940" as the "edition" information. Was that a good call? Or would you rather have me done otherwise?

Thank you very much! I'll be looking forward to an answer as I have several books with the same issue.

Ximena

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43502 comments Mod
Ximena wrote: "After reading that information, I decided to set "Gallimard Jeunesse" as the "publisher" and "Folio Junior - N°940" as the "edition" information."

That seems reasonable.

message 3: by Ximena (new)

Ximena (ximenaalarco) | 6 comments rivka wrote: That seems reasonable."

Thank you very much, Rivka! I thought so too, but just wanted to make sure before going through my other books. Thanks!