Lone Star Lone Star discussion

Am I the only one who reads with their eyes closed? (**SPOILER)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynette For those who've reached then end..... well?? Is it just me that didn't see that coming? Even when the grandmother came out and referred to Anthony with a Slavic accent?
I can't believe how completely blind I was reading this.
But what a great surprise.

plumkindle A friend had hinted at the connection between this book and those books (I'm being vague so as not to give anything away) so I caught on earlier. If she hadn't mentioned the connection I'm not sure if I would have realized until the very end. I loved this book so much for so many reasons and have definitely put it on my "read again" list!

Andrea Henriques I was exactly like you - after I realised who he was, all of a sudden I remembered all the nuances...
However, since I was now going crazy, I went to have a quick look at the end of The Summer Garden and it says that Anthony Jnr managed to shape up in Yuma, went to OCS right out of high school and went straight to Iraq! Did anyone notice that 'little' mistake?? I loved the books, so it's a bit disappointing.... I wish he had straightened up!

message 4: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy Lynette wrote: "For those who've reached then end..... well?? Is it just me that didn't see that coming? Even when the grandmother came out and referred to Anthony with a Slavic accent?
I can't believe how comple..."

I felt the same way, and so sad that Jonny was Anthony's son!! I did notice that little glitch-the inconsistency-maybe that is why we didn't think it was him while we were reading it!