Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Completed 19K Paranormal Romance

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (last edited Aug 16, 2015 01:02PM) (new)

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) | 23 comments Hello all!

I'm looking for a handful of betas (max 5) to read over my paranormal romance novella. It's the prologue to a series, and if you enjoy vampire hunters, vampires, and awkward shenanigans at a masquerade ball, then I'd love to have your opinions.

No need to edit, proofread, etc. I've got hired folks doing that. Just looking for an overall opinion of the story, and if you as a reader would be even mildly interested in continuing with the series when you're finished. Easy peasy.

This book does include a sex scene, so if you're uncomfortable with that, this might not be the piece for you. Oh, and a little bit of cursing. And some surly vampires.

Please note that I'm hoping to get all feedback returned by September 5th, and I'll be emailing copies of my most recent/updated draft next week (most likely the 20th). Everyone gets busy, so if you realize after that the 5th won't work with your schedule, just get in touch with me! No hard feelings. :)

Book Blurb (also a WIP):

One night can change everything.

That's what they always say, and for now, vampire hunter Delia hopes it's true. She's sick of being nothing more than a lowly grunt in her hunter league, stuck on surveillance duty and low-level vamp busts that other hunters tend to take credit for anyway.

When her informant drops an amazing lead in her lap, she jumps at the opportunity to take down Claudia, rumored vampire head honcho and top of the Most Wanted list at headquarters. Donning a mask and an uncomfortable dress, Delia throws caution to the wind and attends a private masquerade ball for Harriswood's human and vamp elite, stake in hand, ready to prove herself once and for all.

But it doesn't take long for the mediocre hunter to realize she's in way over her head...

One night. One job. One man. One chance to change her life.

All she has to do is not screw it up.

----

Any takers? Let me know! Thanks guys :)

Beta 1: Andrea
Beta 2: Ellie
Beta 3: Kathryn
Beta 4: Jaxxon
Beta 5: Lady (pending email)

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments Hi Liz

I would be interested in having a read over your book and providing my opinion. I enjoy reading these types of books and would love to help any authors out. Let me know if you need any information from me.

Thanks.

Kathryn

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) | 23 comments Hey Kathryn,

That sounds fantastic. Feel free to fire your email address my way here on Goodreads so I can add you to my list.

Thanks for your interest! :)

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) | 23 comments Hurray! Thanks so much, Andrea!

I'll be in touch this upcoming week with something for you. :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Liz,

I'd love to be a Beta reader for your novella, I love vampire stories - feel free to email me at booksmaketheworldbetter@gmail.com if you're still looking for readers!

Ellie.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) | 23 comments Amazing, Ellie! Thank you so much!

You can expect an email from me this week. :)

message 7: by Jaxxon (new)

Jaxxon D'Malamute | 15 comments Hi Liz! If you're still looking for beta readers, I've love to read your novella. I was hoping to find something along the lines of paranormal/urban fantasy so yeah! Hope to hear from you.

message 8: by Lady (new)

Lady (shyalwayz) | 57 comments Hey Liz,

I'm interested. Please send me a copy kindle, nook, pdf. And if you have a turn around date please let me know.

Lady

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) | 23 comments Hey Jaxxon and Lady! Thank you so much for your interest!

If you could both PM me your email addresses, that'd be swell, and I'll fire a copy your way in a couple of days.

And Lady, I'm looking to have feedback returned from all betas by September 5th. :)