Transgressive Fiction discussion

Transgressive comics

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Aug 14, 2015 09:28AM) (new)

Andrea (timeisoutofjoint) | 4 comments I'm looking for new comic books to read and I wanted a little bit of advice by you guys.

There're a lot of comics that share similar themes with transgressive fiction novels. What I've read:

- Y: The Last Man
- Sandman
- Crossed (oh the violence in this comic)
- Preacher (I think that's my favorite)
- Saga
- Transmetropolitan
- Black Hole
- Fables
- 100 Bullets
- American Virgin
- Fight Club 2

That's what I can remember. I'm surely missing something. Anyway, you get an idea of what I'm talking about.

message 2: by David (new)

David Heath (davidheath23) | 24 comments As a bit of a shameless plug, the comics in between my scifi series are fairly unique and transgressive. And the best part is you can read them all for free at www.bilateralcomics.com :) happy reading, and let me know what you think if you give them a shot!

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 247 comments As you enjoyed preacher check out Garth Ennis' other work. I recommend reading Jennifer Blood and The Boys. One is about a vigilante housewife and the other is about a gang taking on superheroes. Both are fantastic.

message 4: by Erik (new)

Erik Dahl | 2 comments Most of Alan Moores stuff could be concidered transgressive. I'd reccomend his purely Lovecraftian comic "Neonomicon".

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric Bishop-Potter (ericpotter) | 15 comments Having read all the posts on this site, it occurs to me that I may have written a Transgressive Novel. I wonder if you agree. Here's the plot-line:
An obese nymphomaniac conspires with her husband, a homicidal maniac to kill their gay psychopathic son (a victim of child abuse) and his protector, a brutish Mafia boss with a penchant for young boys.