FULL Creative Library discussion

General > Favorite Book?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Barnhardt | 55 comments What is your favorite work-related book you've read so far and why?

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Barnhardt | 55 comments My favorite so far was Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull, the President of Pixar. Not only was it cool to hear anecdotes about Pixar movies, but it was interesting and beneficial to hear the story of such a strong leader in the creativity industry. Catmull has renowned managerial skills and excellent views on what inspires and cultivates creativity.

Spark was another favorite because of how motivating I found it to be for exercising.

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (Natty_Fung) | 2 comments I really liked What Got you Here Wont Get You There. It was painful to see so many areas I could improve in, and also exciting. Really interesting to learn and recognize the tendency to think success is because of certain traits, and to consider success might be in spite of those traits... Definitely a good read for leaders!

message 4: by Alexia (new)

Alexia | 1 comments I really enjoyed The Art of Asking. It helped me view asking and just handling difficult situations in a new light. I agree with Amanda Palmer that communication in a difficult situation is vital. I highly recommend it for everyone. Plus listening to it in her own words was a real treat.

message 5: by Vijay (new)

Vijay Krishnan | 1 comments Creativity, Inc. my favourite too. Made me watch all the pixar movies as i was reading this book.

message 6: by Saranya (new)

Saranya | 1 comments #girlboss is my favourite book, it was really interesting to see a girl who doesnt have any background on business, was able to start up a shop like NastyGal.