We The Book Dragons discussion

The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician, #1)
This topic is about The Paper Magician
August 2015 Book > August 14 - 19: CHAPTERS 6-10

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 15, 2015 04:57AM) (new)

Hey guys! How's it going?
So the first part of our readalong is over, so let's move on to the next part! We're reading chapters 6 to 10 from August 14 (today) until August 19!

Feel free to post your thoughts, assumptions and so on down below in the comments section!
Happy reading!

Biblio-Athena (athraja) | 21 comments Isn't it chapters 6-10? Also I just read Chapter 10 and I'm going to apologize by saying I'm going to read ahead because I'm so into this right now. Admittedly some parts of these chapters were tiresome and I didn't understand the point of it. Like get to the important stuff already!! But I'm not going to stop and will continue and probably finish the book. Sorry book club!!! ♡♡

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Athraja wrote: "Isn't it chapters 6-10? Also I just read Chapter 10 and I'm going to apologize by saying I'm going to read ahead because I'm so into this right now. Admittedly some parts of these chapters were tir..."

Ah yes it is, thanks for pointing that out!

Betsy Newest fear: becoming stuck within a heart!

lookingforabura | 27 comments Mod
Everytime I read "Mg." I end up pronouncing it as Magister and not Magician... Ugh.

Chris (chriswalsh) | 6 comments Ariel wrote: "My brain substitutes Mg. as Megan instead of magician. "

My brain keeps subbing Mg Thane with Magnus Bane

message 7: by Kath (new)

Kath Quiambao Lau (kath_reads) | 5 comments I thought i'm the only one. I always think of it as Monsignor.

message 8: by Keegan (new) - added it

Keegan | 5 comments My brain doesn't want to read "Mg." as magician either! Sometimes I end up getting manager and sometimes I replace the g with an r.

I honestly didn't know what to think about this book after his heart was stolen. I wanted to know what happens and couldn't stop reading, but the whole time I was thinking "this is the strangest book." I've tried to open my mind a bit more as I've been reading and I am really starting to enjoy the creativity of the story. I can't wait to figure out what happens next!

This book is really super weird...? The premise is actually great but I don't know if it is executed properly... Hmm let's see...

Ps. i'm having a problem with their names! >.<

Betsy I truthfully was really enjoying it a lot until she got stuck in his heart. I agree that it got super weird, but think it could have been more enjoyable if it hadn't have seemed so sloppy. I felt that all of his memories were thrown in there with little to no direction.

message 11: by Evan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Evan (wildflowerbooks) | 1 comments I don't really like this book at all. I dont get why any of this stuff is happening. It's all just really weird.

Mandi Schneck (booksandwildflowers) I'm happy to know that the Mg. is throwing off more people than just me!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I kind of feel like on some parts that I would focus on (that I find important) the author just rushes through. Yet on others it's dragging (and somehow lacking).

It is an ok book for me so far. I still really like the papermagic... but the 'inside the heart stuff' really came out of nowhere and I don't like it when things aren't properly explained. (Even though it's magic. But even magic should have some logic.)
But I think it will be fast to finish this book. It isn't very demanding and still an rather easy read (although I'm feeling like the author let go of a lot of potential...)

Mandi Schneck (booksandwildflowers) ok can we PLEASE just get out of the heart already?! I want to know what happens! This heart business feels way more drawn out than it needs to be. There's not enough happening for me right now and I'm starting to get bored. Hopefully something new happens soon!

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) I agree that the heart part could be a a few chapters shorter. It takes pretty much half of the book. It's good for Ceony and the reader to get to know Thane but at some point it's a bit tiring to read.

message 16: by Alexa (new) - rated it 1 star

Alexa (curlywiggles) I agree with what most people have already said. I'm bored of being in the heart. I wanted this to be more about the awesome paper magic that could be done. And I really don't want there to be a romantic connection between them. I'm not feeling it.

Alexa: I agree! I don't feel the romantic connection either. :/

message 18: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Chapman (mary_chapman) | 17 comments Agree with all. Then heart part is nice but too long and kind of un-explained why or how we got there. And the romance feels contrived and forced. Let's see how next sections go

message 19: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Chapman (mary_chapman) | 17 comments Agree with all. Then heart part is nice but too long and kind of un-explained why or how we got there. And the romance feels contrived and forced. Let's see how next sections go

Kate (KitKat07210) (kitkat07210) All this stuff going on in the heart keeps reminding me of the Magic School Bus series. It's rather weird. My brain is having issues with Ceony's name. Apparently I've renamed her Cecily.