Teen Writers and Readers Unite discussion

Discussions > How much money do we spend on books?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments I have two bookshelves in my room, and one was painted by my neighbor and me. Last night, I was looking at my bookshelf, and wondered how much money I spent on all of my books. I ended up with around $280.47 + on the books I bought. How much did you guys spend on your collection?

message 2: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments I actually don't spend a lot. Most of my books are gifts, hand me downs, or I bought. Most of my ebooks are even torrent downloads and I spent maybe 25 dollars on my entire ebook collection and maybe about the same on my bookshelf collection. Most books I read though, I do not in fact own. Most are from my library so, more free books. Over due fees are my only weakness there, I probably had 37 dollars as the most for a fee. Lol.

message 3: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments My favorite book series was made in the 80's, and It's really hard to find everywhere. Sometimes I just go ahead and buy some of the books off of Amazon. The next one is coming somewhere between the 19 through September 3.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmango) | 53 comments If on average a book cost $20 (some books are more, some are less, depending on where you buy them and what kind of book they are) then I have a little over two thousand dollar's worth of books. However, like Mini Squeekadon said, a lot of my books were gifts or hand me downs, and I borrow a lot from libraries, too. I've also been collecting for three years. I've probably spent a good 400 plus dollars of my own money on books.

message 5: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments On average per month, I spend about $120 on books.

message 6: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) I spend about $100 a month and then some cause Im always going to the book store and I need another book shelve soon I have over 200 books

message 7: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments I found out my new teacher (first day of school today) spent over 300 dollars on only fiction books this year so far.

message 8: by Lamaya (new)

Lamaya booklit (bookitgirl) dang

message 9: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments I have a new English teacher. I liked my old one though... :(

message 10: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments Well, hopefully you'll give her a chance to be friendly and fun.

message 11: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Yeah. It's just a little depressing. But I won't bite, I promise. :)

message 12: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments =)

message 13: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments Yay! My book finally came in the mail!!!
Dear Sister