Support for Indie Authors discussion

Lane's End
This topic is about Lane's End

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Round | 41 comments Anyone else been pirated? My first book is now being offered on line as a download by two sources but I only ever published it as a paperback.
Funnily enough, the other two books in the trilogy do not appear. As the publisher, oldstick books, used a different printer for these books maybe I should delve a little deeper, or maybe I should just be happy that anyone feels it is worth pirating!

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (kendoyle) | 364 comments Pretty much anyone who has ever published anything will end up being listed on a pirate site. In most cases, they never really have a copy of your book; it's just a scam to obtain credit card information.

The "real" piracy happens on torrent sites, not the ones you typically see advertising a free PDF of your book.

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) I'm hoping one day to see a 5-star review of one of my books, and a disclaimer, "I pirated this book for a free copy, and in exchange I'm writing this review."

message 4: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Round | 41 comments I'm just going to tell all and sundry what has happened and enjoy the responses! Julie.