Vampire Lovers discussion

Twilight > New Moon trailer?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 39 comments Hey Vampire lovers! I decided to post this topic b/c I was so surprise that no one hasn't posted it before. Also I wanted to hear opinions about the New Moon trailer, and if you all though that the sequel would live up to the novel? Please share. =)~

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i watched about halfway through, got bored, and then watched the interview w/ the vampire trailer for about the 2nd or 3rd time that day...

message 3: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments OMG they are making a movie sequal to that lousy book Twilight, and the even worse movie. SOB I cannot believe it. No one but a few kids will go see a sequal to Twilight.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

hehe, and about half of them that go will proably spen the whole timemaking fun of the movie, and then the second half will spend their time sleeping XD

message 5: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Twilight was a flash in the pan. I think since it was the first Teen vampire in school book realeased. It got the jump on things. But I noticed no one I know went to the movie but some very young teenagers. Now even those teens have discovered better books. I read it because it was on the New York Times best seller list. Well that just goes to show the New York times best seller list is meaningless. They should have said best seller from the Y.A. section of the library, LOL.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

New Moon trailer is all right and maybe it could live up to the book

message 7: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I guess everyone has their own favorite Vampires, and Vampire movies. I guess I am just being to critical of what other people like. Which is very uncool of me. My favorite is Sookie Stackhouse. Some people may not like the TV series on HBO TrueBlood. So It's all good as long as they are Vampires. I like vampires that are capable of majic. That can levitate or shape shift.

message 8: by Stephanie (last edited Dec 15, 2009 10:31AM) (new)

Stephanie Cary wrote: " OMG they are making a movie sequal to that lousy book Twilight, and the even worse movie. SOB I cannot believe it. No one but a few kids will go see a sequal to Twilight. "

Vampires and werewolves have vanquished a dark knight. “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” took in $72.7 million in its first day to break the single day domestic box office record previously held by “The Dark Knight,” which had a $67.2 million opening day last year.The Friday haul for the “Twilight” sequel includes a record $26.3 million from midnight screenings alone.

LOS ANGELES - The vampire romance "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" sucked up $140.7 million in its first three days and pulled in a total of $258.8 million worldwide, according to studio estimates Sunday.

The No. 1 domestic debut for Summit Entertainment's "New Moon" was more than twice the $69.6 million haul over the same weekend last year for "Twilight," the first in the franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's novels.

"New Moon" placed third on the all-time domestic chart behind last year's $158.4 million opening weekend for the Batman blockbuster "The Dark Knight" and 2007's $151.1 million haul for "Spider-Man 3."

On Friday, "New Moon" set an all-time domestic high for opening day with $72.7 million, topping the previous record of $67.2 million had been held by last year's "The Dark Knight."

Overseas, "New Moon" debuted in 25 countries and took in $118.1 million.

"New Moon" continues the story of teen romance between a school girl and a vampire (Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson), with the sequel adding a love triangle with a teen werewolf (Taylor Lautner).

Opening at No. 2 this weekend was the Warner Bros. football drama "The Blind Side" with $34.5 million.

The previous weekend's top movie, Sony's disaster tale "2012," slipped to third-place with $26.5 million, raising its domestic total to $108.2 million.

Just a few million short! Eclispe will do it for sure.