Making Connections discussion

The Reflections of Queen Snow White
ARCHIVES - Book of The Month > THE REFLECTIONS OF QUEEN SNOW WHITE by David C. Meredith - March's Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 13839 comments Mod
March's BOTM

Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading and discuss away!

message 2: by Tana (last edited Feb 25, 2014 05:17PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 13839 comments Mod
The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David C. Meredith David C. Meredith

Genre: Fantasy/Romance/Faerie Tale

The Reflections of Queen Snow White

Book Description:

What happens when "happily ever after" has come and gone?

On the eve of her only daughter, Princess Raven's wedding, an aging Snow White finds it impossible to share in the joyous spirit of the occasion. The ceremony itself promises to be the most glamorous social event of the decade. Snow White’s castle has been meticulously scrubbed, polished and opulently decorated for the celebration. It is already nearly bursting with jubilant guests and merry well-wishers. Prince Edel, Raven's fiancé, is a fine man from a neighboring kingdom and Snow White's own domain is prosperous and at peace. Things could not be better, in fact, except for one thing:

The king is dead.

The queen has been in a moribund state of hopeless depression for over a year with no end in sight. It is only when, in a fit of bitter despair, she seeks solitude in the vastness of her own sprawling castle and climbs a long disused and forgotten tower stair that she comes face to face with herself in the very same magic mirror used by her stepmother of old.

It promises her respite in its shimmering depths, but can Snow White trust a device that was so precious to a woman who sought to cause her such irreparable harm? Can she confront the demons of her own difficult past to discover a better future for herself and her family? And finally, can she release her soul-crushing grief and suffocating loneliness to once again discover what "happily ever after" really means?

Only time will tell as she wrestles with her past and is forced to confront The Reflections of Queen Snow White.

If you would like a copy to review stop by here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Celia Conrad | 12 comments I was recently given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review which you'll find if you read all the reviews David has had for his book...

Thought it was a great idea. Interested in what sparked the idea David? It's a very 'dark' tale in places...that's for sure!

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Ann | 8 comments CATFISH JOE & DOUBLE, DOUBLE, TOIL, & TROUBLE
By
CAROL ANN (online)

Catfish Joe, a poor, black street preacher helps those who can’t help themselves. Pithy, Vibrant, Humorous and outspoken, he is a philosopher, ladies’ man and ex-boxer.
LlFE AINT NO MAGICAL THING
Life aint no magical thing, son.
‘Ya think it glisten,
‘ya think it flash like teeth at midnight,
or sparkle like a damned diamond on a fat bitch’s neck?
It aint nothin’ but time and a half,
And a 401K.
Dollars is mo’ powerful than blood, son.
‘Ya got yo’ body, Ty,
God done give it to you.
But you aint got no money, son.
God aint gone give you that.
‘Ya got to fuck ‘wid the devil to ‘git that.
Every day of yo’ natural life.
‘Ya got to serve someone.
‘Git me, motherfucker?
GITANA by CAROL ANN

Yawatta Hosby (agathachristiefan) | 59 comments Here's my book review after reading it :)

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 6: by Bev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bev Walkling | 26 comments Here is my review after reading the book. (By the way I really enjoyed it!)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 7: by Bev (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bev Walkling | 26 comments Hi David,
I have also posted the review on both Amazon.com and amazon.ca. I posted there the same time as I posted on Goodreads.

David Meredith | 53 comments Thanks Bev! I really appreciate your time! I'm glad you liked it!

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Ann | 8 comments It is certainly an enticing book with that little tad bit of noir. Enjoyed it immensely;

David Meredith | 53 comments @Carol
Thanks so much for everything! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

message 11: by Tim (new)

Tim Treanor | 3 comments Very clever idea, sturdily written -- maybe a little overwritten. (I'm not a big fan of adverbs). It makes sense that someone with Snow White's childhood would have some problems later on. Well thought out and nicely done, in my view.

Albert | 13 comments I recently read and reviewed this book. Very well written and not at all what I was expecting.

April | 2 comments The Reflections of Queen Snow White is in the running for "Most Gorgeous Book Cover"! Vote here and send it to #1!
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...