In the Aeroplane Over the Sea In the Aeroplane Over the Sea discussion

This is a book?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britta (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:40AM) (new)

Britta ....or a book on CD also known as an "album"

message 2: by halle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:40AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

halle i have the book. i don't think it is available as a book on cd. but it could be...

message 3: by aisha (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:41AM) (new)

aisha this is a book about the band neutral milk hotel. their more popular album (of 2) is called "in the aeroplane over the sea."

i own this book, but have not read it, because i am stupid and lent it to a friend before i did.

please, please listen to this album. just find an hour to yourself, close your eyes, do nothing but listen to this album from beginning to end, and get back to me.

it's beautiful. i don't have a favorites of many things ... but this is one of my favorite albums and bands and lyrics and music of all time.

message 4: by aisha (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:41AM) (new)

aisha whoops, also meant to mention that the 33 1/3 is a series about certain musicians/albums

message 5: by Andy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:42AM) (new)

Andy I was going to say the same thing about not having many favorites, but this is one of them.

I usually describe it to friends as a concept album, but I have no idea what the concept is as of yet even though I've listened to it a million times.

I used to have it on tape and listened to it a lot driving back and forth to school. It's good for driving alone at night.

message 6: by aisha (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

aisha aw yay! it seems so rare to encounter people who understand how incredible this album is - it's nice when you do. i'm glad you enjoy it as much as i do.

message 7: by Justin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Justin this music is sonic bliss

message 8: by Max (last edited Feb 13, 2009 04:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max Maxwell Justin wrote: "this music is sonic bliss"

Bliss can be a state of profound spiritual satisfaction, happiness or joy, often associated with religious ideas of the afterlife. - Wikipedia

Sounds right to me!