WRITERS' CORNER discussion

Games > Alphabet Train Writing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Travis (last edited Aug 13, 2015 05:26PM) (new)

Travis Berketa (travisberketa) | 555 comments Mod
So I thought I might try this and see where it goes. I've used it in the classroom before and come up with some good stuff (and not so good stuff). Anyway, so basically, it's like the add on story idea, but you only write one sentence and each sentence starts with the next letter of the alphabet.

So, if I started with:

"Anybody got a light?" I asked.

The next person might write.

Brian pulled out his flashlight.

And the next person will start their sentence with C. It keeps going until we get to Z and then we can start a new story from A again.

I think that makes sense. Have a go!

message 2: by Travis (new)

I'll start us off:

Annabelle wasn't sure if she wanted to be part of the performance anymore.

message 3: by Viv (new)

Viv (viv_fortune) | 18 comments Bert was going to be there and she wasn't up to seeing him so soon.

message 4: by Travis (new)

"Can't my understudy take over?" Annabelle asked the director.

message 5: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments Director Ferdinand pondered Annabelle's question for a few seconds and then replied, "No, it simply won't work."

message 6: by Travis (last edited Aug 15, 2015 03:57PM) (new)

"Eventually, if I keep annoying you about it, you'll cave." Annabelle stated knowingly.

message 7: by Viv (new)

Viv (viv_fortune) | 18 comments Ferdinand nodded in submission, "You know I always give in in the end - you have that effect on me."

message 8: by Luke (new)

Luke | 25 comments Going through his bag, Ferdinand pulled out a second script, "Would you consider doing this one?"

message 9: by SmilingDork (new)

SmilingDork | 8 comments Holding up the script Annabelle flipped through it. Shrugging she said "It will do, I guess."

message 10: by Luke (new)

Luke | 25 comments "I'll let Bert know that he's cut then," the director stated.

message 11: by Travis (new)

"Just..." Annabelle thought for a second, "Just let him down slowly."

message 12: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments "King Xerxes is cut!" Bert responded to the news some time later, "How can King Xerxes be cut, when it's called King Xerxes and the Princess?"

message 13: by SmilingDork (new)

SmilingDork | 8 comments Leena looks over at Bert and shrugs and continues reading the new script and blowing her gum. "Sorry Bert, maybe you could do the role of the executioner in scene 4."

message 14: by Travis (last edited Aug 17, 2015 12:07AM) (new)

"Maybe you could just shut up!" Bert responded angrily, before throwing aside the script and storming out onto the stage.

message 15: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments "No one understands what I've gone through!" Bert screams from the stage, as the director and some producers turn to face him from their vantage point in the aisle.

message 16: by Travis (new)

"Oh dear," Queenie (one of the producers) stated, "It seems poor Bert hasn't accepted his fate within the performance."

message 17: by Luke (new)

Luke | 25 comments "Please, rethink this script," Bert pleaded, now on hands and knees, "First you wouldn't let me be the Princess and now you're pulling out King Xerxes - where will it end?"

message 18: by SmilingDork (new)

SmilingDork | 8 comments "Quite!" Annabelle shouts, storming on to the stage. "I am trying to practice my script while you blabber away like a kid who was refused a cookie!! How about you go stuff a sock in it and let the real actors commence!" She tells Bert bluntly.

message 19: by Viv (new)

Viv (viv_fortune) | 18 comments "Real actors?" Bert questioned, with his nose haughtily in the air, "If you were a REAL actor, you would understand the need for the Princess to be played by me... listen to this squeal - EEEEK!"

message 20: by Travis (last edited Aug 20, 2015 03:28AM) (new)

"Squealing does not make for a Princess!" Ferdinand yelled over the commotion, "And we have already decided - Bert, you're out!"

message 21: by Viv (last edited Aug 20, 2015 11:03PM) (new)

Viv (viv_fortune) | 18 comments Tell-tale signs were appearing to the producer, Queenie, who noticed the look the director gave Annabelle as he spoke.

message 22: by Travis (new)

"Understand this," Queenie stated forcefully, "If there is anything going on between Director and actors on this production, then all will be fired."

message 23: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments Visibly nervous, the Director walked across to Bert; "Okay, I confess - Bert and I are together... but he is fired, so he is not in the production."

message 24: by Luke (new)

Luke | 25 comments "Well... I didn't see that coming!" Queenie remarked.

message 25: by Travis (new)

"Xerxes should be reinstated!" Bert screamed emphatically, "I'll give up this romance if you let me back in!"

message 26: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments "You really think I'm going to still let this go on after all of these shenanigans?" Queenie responded angrily.

message 27: by Travis (new)

Zero responses were given, as Queenie shut down the performance for good.

message 28: by Travis (new)

Thank you to those who contributed. Let's go again with another story.

Again, we were subjected to the tests.

message 29: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments Beads of sweat ran down my forehead when the examiners appeared at the doorway.

message 30: by Travis (new)

Click, clack, click, clack went the pens.

message 31: by Luke (new)

Luke | 25 comments "Don't let me see you looking at anyone else's responses," one of the examiners stated.

message 32: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments Everyone had their heads down and got to work, as the clock ticked.

message 33: by Travis (new)

"Forget it," a voice whispered, "I'm going to do this my way."

message 34: by Luke (new)

Luke | 25 comments Gagging and rocking from side to side, Xavier Lewis fell to the floor, clutching his throat.

message 35: by Travis (new)

"Holy-moley!" An examiner yelled, "He's choking! Get over here quick!"

message 36: by kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (last edited Oct 17, 2015 08:20AM) (new)

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 37 comments I quickly ran over to Xavier, and did the Heimlech Maneuver on him.

message 37: by Travis (new)

Just as I squeezed him, Xavier's breakfast, with a selection from last night's dinner, shot out of his mouth and exploded on the panicked examiners in front of him.

message 38: by kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (last edited Oct 18, 2015 06:58PM) (new)

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 37 comments Katherine, who is Xavier's girlfriend came rushing towards me, thanking me for saving Xavier's life.

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 10 comments " Look, it was nothing i was just helping " Katherine said. The examiner was relieved and tell everyone to get back to their sits.

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 37 comments My mom came and she was very proud of me for saving someone's life.

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 10 comments " Now, so where were we? " The examiner said, forgetting what they were there for.

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 37 comments Of course the examiner forgot what we were here for. He always forgot everything.

((lol))

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 10 comments ((Lol thats funny))

" Peter! " the examiner exclaimed which startled peter who was drinking tea. " You're invite us here right? So what the occasion? " the examiner said.

message 44: by Travis (new)

"Quite the contrary," Peter stated, while putting down his cup of tea, "You invited us here."

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 10 comments " Ridiculous! " giving peter the glowering look.

message 46: by Travis (new)

Scratching his head, the examiner turned to his fellow staff members and gave them a puzzled look, while the rest of us looked on.

message 47: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments "Time to continue the examining!" The examiner ordered, before scanning the pool of vomit all over the floor; "And maybe we can get this cleaned up..."

message 48: by Travis (new)

Up until now there was not a lot of examining being done, only a lot of talk.

message 49: by Madison (new)

Madison | 116 comments "Very well," The examiner began, "I now declare this examination over!"

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 10 comments " Well done guys. You did a good job today." said the examiner shaking their clients hand.

« previous 1