Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Brazen (Irrationally His #3)
This topic is about Brazen
Book Issues > Merge duplicate editions of my book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Jacobs (jessajacobs) | 4 comments It seems I get a duplicate edition of my book every time I manually add one. I keep thinking I can merge it myself, but I never remember exactly how to do it. I've combined the two editions of this book, but what it really needs is to be merged. Can someone please help?

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10989 comments Authors can't merge books. I merge the duplicates.
It seems you get those duplicates because you add your book without the ASIN and then the edition with the ASIN is imported from Amazon.

This book https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... is listed as both Kindle edition and ebook, while your other books are only listed as Kindle editions. Are your books available in an other way than Kindle editions? If not we can merge this duplicate too.

message 3: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Jacobs (jessajacobs) | 4 comments No, at this time they are only in Kindle edition.

I add them pre-publication without an ASIN because if I don't, my advance readers do, with less accuracy. Should I stop doing that?

message 4: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10989 comments You can go on with adding your books, but you can add the ASIN when you know it to prevent a duplicate. And if a duplicate exists this group can always help you with merging the duplicate.

message 5: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Jacobs (jessajacobs) | 4 comments OK, thanks! I'll do that. Meanwhile, yes, please merge the editions of Brazen.

message 6: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10989 comments All books that needed merging are merged. Because of the cache it can look as if not all merges are done.

message 7: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Jacobs (jessajacobs) | 4 comments Oh, then thank you so much! I truly appreciate it.