All the Books! discussion

Book Preferences > Short or long chapters?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
When reading a book, do you prefer shorter chapters long ones?

message 2: by Trina (new)

Trina Collins (duskvamp) | 234 comments that's a hard one lol if I know I'll only have a few minutes here and there to read I prefer short ones but if have hours long ones

message 3: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments Short. I feel like I accomplished more. If they are long I always feel behind the gun

message 4: by Trina (new)

Trina Collins (duskvamp) | 234 comments good point Brandy

message 5: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
That's exactly how I feel Brandy. l feel like I accomplished something with shorter chapters. I also feel like I can stop and do something after I read a quick chapter lol.

message 6: by Kristy (new)

Kristy | 12 comments I'm probably alone on this, but I don't take chaptering into consideration very often. Unless it's changing to another character's PoV or really skipping forward or backward a great deal of time, I barely even notice them, especially when I'm really involved in the book.

message 7: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
The more I read, the more I really hate long chapters. I just started one of our group reads, Luckiest Girl Alive and the chapters are just too long for me.

message 8: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I like short chapters too. I am reading a book with long and I always feel like that once I start one I will be there awhile. Can't just read a chapter here and there

message 9: by Brie (new)

Brie | 568 comments I agree with Kristy. I don't really notice if a chapter has passed or not when I'm reading, I just keep reading.

message 10: by Rebecca M. (new)

Rebecca M. | 26 comments Short, for the same reason as Brandy: they make me feel more accomplished.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Shorter. I like short chapters because then I can say to my husband "Just one more..." and actually get several done before he realizes it's been ages since he last asked me! ;)

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Margaret wrote: "Shorter. I like short chapters because then I can say to my husband "Just one more..." and actually get several done before he realizes it's been ages since he last asked me! ;)"

Haha that's clever!

message 13: by Esther (new)

Esther Jackson (ejjackson) I like shorter chapters. It is easier to read.

message 14: by Allerglance (new)

Allerglance | 20 comments I like longer chapters, there's less chapters to read, but a lot of info to go through

message 15: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Uu Short obviously. I mean there are more places to stop meaning you can put down a book you don't like when you reach the first chapter with the thought guiltily hanging in your head "I'll finish it later". Of course, this does come with other issues. (I'm new here by the by!)

message 16: by Bernie (new)

Bernie Morris (berniem) | 106 comments Sara wrote: "When reading a book, do you prefer shorter chapters long ones?"
Definitely short chapters, especially if ending with a punch line that makes you want to read on. Short chapters make any book much easier to read, especially if you don't get much reading time and love to look forward to the next chapter.

message 17: by klairece (new)

klairece That depends. If there are like 20 something chapters in a book I really like, then I want long chapters because I don't want the book to end. I also like long chapters if the topic of the chapter is something interesting.

message 18: by Bernie (new)

Bernie Morris (berniem) | 106 comments Sara wrote: "When reading a book, do you prefer shorter chapters long ones?"

Definitely short chapters, especially with a punchline at the end that makes you want to read the next one. I wish more authors did this.

message 19: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
Bernie wrote: "Sara wrote: "When reading a book, do you prefer shorter chapters long ones?"

Definitely short chapters, especially with a punchline at the end that makes you want to read the next one. I wish more..."

Completely agree with that!!

message 20: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Roudybush | 6 comments It depends on the book! Sometimes those long chapters don’t feel long, because it is so good you can’t stop anyways.

Ny {when my book is open, your mouth is closed} I like short because it’s easier to squeeze in a quick read with shorter chapters. Especially in school!

message 22: by Bernie (new)

Bernie Morris (berniem) | 106 comments Sara wrote: "Bernie wrote: "Sara wrote: "When reading a book, do you prefer shorter chapters long ones?"

Definitely short chapters, especially with a punchline at the end that makes you want to read the next o..."

:-)

message 23: by Leftonread (new)

Leftonread (leftonread123) | 4 comments 15 - 20 pages a chapter works for me. The book can be 1000 with 50 plus chapters and I will be fine.

message 24: by Reed (new)

Reed (reedster6) | 11 comments ᗷOTᕼ

message 25: by alice (new)

alice | 9 comments Short chapters!! It gives me a sense of accomplishment