Transgressive Fiction discussion

Feedback on my book summary?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Aug 13, 2015 03:06PM) (new)

David Heath (davidheath23) | 24 comments Howdy! I'm launching my debut novel in November, and I'm getting everything set-up now. As many of you authors know, trying to distill your book down into a few sentences for a synopsis or summary can be immensely frustrating...this is the summary I'm considering posting for my Amazon listing. I'd love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have, good or bad. Does the description interest you? Would you buy a copy if you read this? How can I make it better? The book is in the transgressive/thriller genre.

---

Trigger is once again sitting at home in front of his computer; only this time, he’s got a stomach full of powerful anti-depressants and gin. As an outcast that’s becoming disillusioned by society's increasing addiction to social media, he decides to end it all.

He posts his suicide note on Fortune-69.com, his digital playground of choice, but things don’t go exactly as planned. When Trigger unexpectedly wakes up the next morning, he quickly learns two things: at some point during the night he unknowingly posted an inspirational message that was deleted by moderators, and that he now has a legion of anonymous followers who want to follow his every command.

Trigger struggles to find a way to cope with his bizarre family history, a sexually liberated cosplayer who pushes him to the edge of his comfort limit and a mysterious hacker who is intent on changing the world through digital anarchy.

‘Fortune 69’ is the debut novel by David Heath, a US Army combat veteran and author of the ‘Bilateral Comics’ series.

---

Thanks in advance! :)

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 246 comments Sounds fantastic, I'd give it a read.

message 3: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Dreyfus | 66 comments Hi David,

You ask: "Does the description interest you?"

I think it sounds fantastic. Especially this part: "A mysterious hacker who is intent on changing the world through digital anarchy."

Daren't I say it but this echoes my debut novel Spark (which you can check out here).

You ask: "Would you buy a copy if you read this?"

I don't think I've ever been totally sold on a blurb; I normally get interested in a book through recommendations and reading reviews. However, as far as blurbs go it's as good as any. The fact that it comes under the transgressive/ thriller genre makes me more inclined to check it out in the future for sure.

You ask: "How can I make it better?"

I think it's great as it is, David. Good luck with it!

message 4: by David (new)

David Heath (davidheath23) | 24 comments Rupert wrote: "Hi David,

I think it sounds fantastic. Especially this part: "A mysterious hacker who is intent on changing the world through digital anarchy."

Da..."

Awesome, thanks Rupert! After reading the summary and your profile, I just ordered 'Spark'. I'll give it a read this weekend and leave a review for you! Appreciate the feedback very much :)

message 5: by David (new)

David Heath (davidheath23) | 24 comments Jason wrote: "Sounds fantastic, I'd give it a read."

Thanks for the feedback! I should be doing a Goodreads giveaway closer to launch (November?) and posting about it here on the forum, so keep an eye out :)

message 6: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Dreyfus | 66 comments David wrote: "Rupert wrote: "Hi David,

I think it sounds fantastic. Especially this part: "A mysterious hacker who is intent on changing the world through digital..."

Nice one, David! Give me a nudge when Fortune 69 comes out and I'll return the favour.

Take care!