2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Kill for Me (Romantic Suspense, #9; Daniel Vartanian, #3)
This topic is about Kill for Me
Kill for Me > Kill for Me by Karen Rose

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Kris and I read this as a buddy read and are ready for an open discussion.

message 2: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 13, 2015 02:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Because there is a HUGE cast with so many twists and surprises, I'm copying both versions of the Shelfari cast list.

Cast List - Without Spoilers
(view spoiler)

Cast List - With Spoilers

(view spoiler)

I had to create this cast list as we went along because my head was spinning with all of the duplicity.

I would have given this 5 stars but for all the craziness.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I read this book about a year ago. I loved the beginning of the book where we revisited the last scenes from the previous book from another point-of-view.

I loved that, too Robin. When the last book ended, I wished we could have seen Luke and Susannah's points of view when they found Bailey and Monica. It was a nice surprise to see this book start from that point.

I couldn't have been more surprised to learn that the monsters behind the sex trafficking were women. I'm not sure exactly when it started to dawn on me that Bobby was a woman...maybe when she was dressing for the funeral.

How could an entire town devolve like this? Too many people knew about the "Richie Rich Rapists" yet no one did anything.

Were either of you surprised to learn that Simon was Susannah's rapist?

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I agree with you, Jonetta...it was because of the craziness that I did not rated it higher.

Robin - I too liked that they went back and revisited the last book.

I think I was getting the inkling of Bobby being a woman when she talked about having Grandmother Vartanian's things, and also the whore parts. While a man can be a whore too...it was the way Charles and Tanner said it.

Oh, yes! I forgot about about the whore references.

Yeah it was disturbing that it was women who were the traffickers. I totally did not suspect Davis' women behind it though...but that explains why we were given more insight to them in previous books.

You know what, I did suspect Simon raping Suzannah, and even figured there was something weird with her father's behaviour towards her. When we find out about Carol and Simon I didn't necessarily see it coming but it was so easy to believe.

I felt so bad for Daniel...as it seemed to be one hit after another. First Loomis and then his English teacher. I'm glad he has Alex.

I kind of wish that we knew more about Bailey and Beardsley post-kidnapping. It would have been cool if Rose did a novella right after this book on them...or them separately.

Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "You know what, I did suspect Simon raping Suzannah, and even figured there was something weird with her father's behaviour towards her. When we find out about Carol and Simon I didn't necessarily ..."

Carol and Simon? That one floored me but then it made sense. I just didn't suspect it. Part of the problem is so much about Simon is framed by other people. We never really got to know him while he was alive.

Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I felt so bad for Daniel...as it seemed to be one hit after another. First Loomis and then his English teacher. I'm glad he has Alex."

And Susannah! That poor woman had to confront a lot, too. I really understood why she resented Daniel once everything was revealed. I understood also why he felt it was better to leave.

Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I kind of wish that we knew more about Bailey and Beardsley post-kidnapping. It would have been cool if Rose did a novella right after this book on them...or them separately."

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't find any later references about them or the Vartanians and Papadopolouses.

Jonetta wrote: "Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "You know what, I did suspect Simon raping Suzannah, and even figured there was something weird with her father's behaviour towards her. When we find out about Car..."

Yeah...we do only get him from other's view points.

Jonetta wrote: "Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I felt so bad for Daniel...as it seemed to be one hit after another. First Loomis and then his English teacher. I'm glad he has Alex."

And Susannah! That poor w..."

I know, Susannah's had to deal with so much. And, I don't know if it was a good or bad thing finding out Darcy.

I've read the next three books and am trying to remember of any of them show up again.

Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I know, Susannah's had to deal with so much. And, I don't know if it was a good or bad thing finding out Darcy.
..."

I think it was a good thing about Darcy...one less thing for her to feel guilty about.

I loved how Susannah got to kill Charles with his own cane. Talk about justice.

Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I've read the next three books and am trying to remember of any of them show up again."

I can't imagine you'd have even known who they were. Fingers crossed.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I'm having a hard time recalling the details of this book. I remember the Richie Rich Rapists. You're right Jonetta. Too many people knew about them and did nothing.

I kind of figured that Simon was the one who raped Susannah. I felt really bad for her and the things she went through with her family.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I went back and looked at my book notes. I would have rated it higher if there weren't so many villains in the book. It was a bit overloaded in the "bad guys" category.

Robin wrote: "I'm having a hard time recalling the details of this book. I remember the Richie Rich Rapists. You're right Jonetta. Too many people knew about them and did nothing. I kind of figured that Simo..."

I just don't understand why her mother had no feelings for her or Daniel.

Robin wrote: "I went back and looked at my book notes. I would have rated it higher if there weren't so many villains in the book. It was a bit overloaded in the "bad guys" category."

By the end, it was just too much. When it was revealed that Paul Houston was Angie's son, I said, "enough."

Jonetta wrote: "Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I know, Susannah's had to deal with so much. And, I don't know if it was a good or bad thing finding out Darcy.
..."

I think it was a good thing about Darcy...on..."

Yes, that part was good.

Jonetta wrote: "I loved how Susannah got to kill Charles with his own cane. Talk about justice."

Agreed.

Jonetta wrote: "Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "I've read the next three books and am trying to remember of any of them show up again."

I can't imagine you'd have even known who they were. Fingers crossed."

No, I would have and they didn't seem to click as some past characters have. Fingers definitely crossed.

Jonetta wrote: "Robin wrote: "I'm having a hard time recalling the details of this book. I remember the Richie Rich Rapists. You're right Jonetta. Too many people knew about them and did nothing. I kind of figu..."

That was a bit much! Why Simon? And where did all this incest come from?

Jonetta wrote: "Robin wrote: "I went back and looked at my book notes. I would have rated it higher if there weren't so many villains in the book. It was a bit overloaded in the "bad guys" category."

By the end..."

It was a bit too much.