Perustopia Book Club discussion

Feel good books

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 7 comments Hey guys quick question, I'm going through a rough time right now and I was wondering if you guys can recommend me some feel good books. It would be nice to escape reality for a little while.

P.s. Maybe not something with a romantic aspect.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (booksforcat) | 38 comments i would recommend Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. It was such a fun read for me because it was such an adventure. There is some romance in the novel but it isn't revolved around it. :)) stay strong love :) hope you feel better

Hannah (FreeInFiction) (freeinfiction) | 11 comments Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins is definitely a feel good book I recommend if you haven't read it yet (or you can reread it) :)

Hannah (FreeInFiction) (freeinfiction) | 11 comments Hope you feel better sooon

Hannah (FreeInFiction) (freeinfiction) | 11 comments Oops sorry it didn't show the P. S. Thing on my goodreads sorry

message 6: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Liisa Anna and the French Kiss is really romantic, so I don't recommend that if you don't want to read romance.

I recommend Harry Potter! That series always gets me out of a reading slump/bad or sad mood! :)

Hannah (FreeInFiction) (freeinfiction) | 11 comments I agree about Harry Potter. Also the Percy Jackson series is very good and makes me laugh aloud all the time :)

message 8: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) Harry Potter and Percy Jackson for sure are good choices. I'd also recommend basically anything by Diana Wynne Jones (especially The Merlin Conspiracy and The Lives of Christopher Chant).
Fang Girl by Helen Keeble is also really good and hilarious.

message 9: by Kyra (last edited Aug 14, 2015 07:34AM) (new)

Kyra | 1 comments This might be an odd one but I would recommend cracked by Eliza Crewe. The jokes in that book made me crack up on multiple occasions :) Hope you feel better soon!

message 10: by Karla (new)

Karla Morales (karlajohanna) | 3 comments Graphic novels are always cool! Dont reach for the scary ones though like Anya's Ghost, I recommend Nimona, its quirky and funny and has no romance at all.

message 11: by Raquel (new)

Raquel (raqueloaks) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell's a really fluffy and easy to read book. Definitely worth the read :)

message 12: by Aris (new)

Aris | 4 comments I recommend Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, it's fun and fully engulfed me and took my mind off things when I read it. And the love in it is very tiny. I'd also say Mindy Kaling, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, the audiobook. I laughed out loud several times, there's no love, I felt she was over all relatable and I can't picture being in anything other than a good mood while listening to it. And of course Harry Potter and Percy Jackson are always go to's. Hope this helps :-)

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 7 comments Thanks, I really appreciate it. I was already re-reading Harry Potter but I'm definitely going to look in to all of the other books. Thank you for your kind words and support, you're the best

message 14: by Aadivah (new)

Aadivah (aadivah-is-awesome) I suggest that you have the second book on hand if you decide to read Percy Jackson. Rick Riordan's cliffhangers are the absolute worst (especially in the Heroes of Olympus series).

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Reread Harry Potter! (Always!) I also read Five Flavors of Dumb as a pick me up!

message 16: by Carli (new)

Carli | 25 comments I suggest the rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson or any of his books, also the PJO series and the assassins blade

message 17: by Vevve (new)

Vevve | 6 comments Everybody sees the ants - as. king and Wonder - R.J Palacio. both of them are quick and easy reads. hope u feel better soon. ♡

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Scriver | 5 comments Any Robyn Schneider book is awesome! (The Beginning of Everything and Extraordinary Means) they're my personal favourite books and they're hilarious and super relatable!
Hope you feel better soon! Stay strong!

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Obviously Harry Potter as everybody else says, but I would also recommend a book called 'The apple tart of hope' by Sarah [something]. It's not to long, has a cozy feeling to it and contains a lot important, but not do heavy stuff, to reflect about. Definitely a book you should try! :)

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Harry Potter is really good. Um...Percy Jackson. Have you read it? They're pretty easy to read and hilarious. There's a little bit of romance, but it's not the main thing.
Hope you feel better, Melissa! Be happy and fangirl on!

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 5 comments Read a horror book that will definitely take your mind off whatever it is you're going through. I read the Devil's Workshop when I was going through a breakup and it really help. The book is about Jack the Ripper and is not really horror but mystery

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 7 comments Oh sounds all really great. Nothing helps a broken heart better than comfort food and books haha

message 23: by a (new)

a | 15 comments The Search for Delicious by Natalie Babbitt is always good, but my personal favorite feel good book is Gooseberry Park, by Cynthia Rylant.

message 24: by Gher (new)

Gher | 2 comments I recommend reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell! It's really lightweight, not to mention funny! :) I hope you feel better!

message 25: by Anita (new)

Anita Miguens (anlovingbooks) | 9 comments I actually can't much recommend books but i do hope you are feeling better by now and you should know that your family and friends are there for you always! Best wishes

message 26: by Anita (new)

Anita Miguens (anlovingbooks) | 9 comments I actually can't much recommend books but i do hope you are feeling better by now and you should know that your family and friends are there for you always! Best wishes

message 27: by Sid (new)

Sid (sidgrimsley) | 7 comments Percy Jackson is so amazing and I reread it every time I'm sad. Also, rebel belle is really funny!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I suggest the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy. Everyone in the series is hilarious, although I wouldn't read it if you can't handle gore/violence.

message 29: by Aris (new)

Aris | 4 comments I second the recommendation of Attachments!

message 30: by Alexa (new)

Alexa H. (thebooknook) | 4 comments Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores would be a good light read to make you laugh!

message 31: by Steph (new)

Steph | 2 comments The school for good and evil

message 32: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (fallonedragons) | 27 comments Read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson!! There is a bit of romance, but only in the last books, so if you just read the first three you will BARELY run into it. (It was originally meant to be a trilogy anyway lol) It's a great series with a ton of action and humor, so I definitely recommend it!! It's probably my favorite series ever!! Hope this helped!! Stay strong girl!! <3 :)

message 33: by Mahala &#x1f98b; (new)

Mahala &#x1f98b; Blair (mahalathebookworm) | 25 comments I agree about Maximum Ride!!! If you wanna feel like a total badass than read those books, I have yet to find a character who could take Max in a fight lol. Also, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowel is good if you need a pick me up. Not a lot of romance in that one, I mean it's there of course but in my opinion the book focuses more on her and her relationship with her sister.

message 34: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (resident-book-nerd) You should read Smile by Raina Telgemeier! It's a graphic novel, so it's a really fast, lighthearted read :))

It's a middle grade book, but you'll like it ;))

Feel better soon! Stay strong :)

message 35: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (fallonedragons) | 27 comments @Mahala Blair
I'm virtually high fiving you :)
Team Fax all the way

message 36: by Mahala &#x1f98b; (new)

Mahala &#x1f98b; Blair (mahalathebookworm) | 25 comments Rebel wrote: "@Mahala Blair
I'm virtually high fiving you :)
Team Fax all the way"

SO glad im not the only one in love with that series here!!!! It is so under appreciated!! (Yass Fax

message 37: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (fallonedragons) | 27 comments Right!?!?!

message 38: by Mahala &#x1f98b; (new)

Mahala &#x1f98b; Blair (mahalathebookworm) | 25 comments Rebel wrote: "Right!?!?!"

Heres hoping that they stop talking about making the movies and actually do it lol

message 39: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (fallonedragons) | 27 comments Oh my gosh I know!! They're apparently gonna do a web series, and I love Piera Forde's (on her YouTube channel) but i seriously want a real movie!!

message 40: by Mahala &#x1f98b; (new)

Mahala &#x1f98b; Blair (mahalathebookworm) | 25 comments I love Piera's videos!! But yeah the movie needs to happen. Im pretty sure they wrote the script and filmed some of it and everything but then the director quit and ugh, its just a big mess. lol

message 41: by Farrukh (new)

Farrukh Siddiqui (sos21) | 48 comments try wonder

message 42: by Christina (new)

Christina | 2 comments Stardust & Let it Snow

message 43: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Skulduggery Pleasant!