Graphic Novel Reading Group discussion

55 views
Fun and Games > Comic Book Quiz

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Lion's Share Hi all,

I've found that most of the quizzes out there are a bit shallow on questions and knowledge. If you want some fun, please have a go at my quiz :)


https://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/res...


message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 294 comments Interesting. Not sure about #5, 6.

(view spoiler)


message 3: by The Lion's Share (last edited Aug 13, 2015 01:51PM) (new)

The Lion's Share Robert wrote: "Interesting. Not sure about #5, 6.

[spoilers removed]"


(view spoiler)


The Lion's Share Whey! :D


message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris | 10 comments I did better than I expected with a 48% but there were a lot of guesses on this. Tough quiz for sure!


message 6: by Lono (new)

Lono | 44 comments I need to hit the books a little harder too.


message 7: by Dominick (new)

Dominick (dominickgrace) | 168 comments 27, but three (at least) of my answers did not record correctly, for some reason. Still, not a superlative score. So much for my nerd cred.


message 8: by Tiamatty (new)

Tiamatty | 84 comments 34 correct. 75%. So I'm apparently currently ranked 9th, out of the 54 people who've taken it.


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

32. Wow, that was tough! I had to rack my brains to remember some answers. But it was fun too :).


message 10: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Nobody has scored more than 36 :)


message 11: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments Alistair wrote: "Robert wrote: "Interesting. Not sure about #5, 6.

[spoilers removed]"

Eating, absorbing, both part of feeding. Nonetheless I have amended the question for you.

Question 5 is kind of a trick ques..."


If you read JLA in the 70s, you'd know Superman was murdered then, too.

Of course, it being the 70s, he was resurrected by the end of the issue. Still, dead is dead.

I believe that was also when we learned Superman's one true weakness.


message 12: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Trike wrote: "Alistair wrote: "Robert wrote: "Interesting. Not sure about #5, 6.

[spoilers removed]"

Eating, absorbing, both part of feeding. Nonetheless I have amended the question for you.

Question 5 is kin..."


Yes, but there is a choice of names to choose from and the question was not how many times he had been killed, but by who in that list. Also in this instance he was not resurrected.


message 13: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments Alistair wrote: "Nobody has scored more than 36 :)"

I would have gotten 32 except I fat-fingered the 100 Bullets question somehow. Might've gotten a couple more if I'd actually thought about them for a minute instead of going with my first impulse.

The monkey question I got right purely based on the cover art.


message 14: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Trike wrote: "Alistair wrote: "Nobody has scored more than 36 :)"

I would have gotten 32 except I fat-fingered the 100 Bullets question somehow. Might've gotten a couple more if I'd actually thought about them ..."


Well done, good score! :)


message 15: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments Alistair wrote: "Yes, but there is a choice of names to choose from and the question was not how many times he had been killed, but by who in that list. Also in this instance he was not resurrected. "

If he's still around, then he was resurrected. :p

I learned that "who" means it's an open-ended question while "which" means you are meant to choose from a list. That trips me up, because those old debate rules are ingrained.

A good trick question would be, "Which of the following Marvel comic book characters have remained dead?

1. Clint Barton
2. Bucky Barnes
3. Ben Parker
4. Gwen Stacy
5. None of the above"


message 16: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Trike wrote: "Alistair wrote: "Yes, but there is a choice of names to choose from and the question was not how many times he had been killed, but by who in that list. Also in this instance he was not resurrected..."

Hmmmmmmmm - No.4 :P


message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 28 comments You have to make us a quiz Trike.

I think the closest to actually remaining dead would be Uncle Ben...

But we all know that in comics, no one actually stays dead. In some alternate universe, in some comic special, or by some form of magic, or it turned out they were a Skrull all along, or a clone, or a needed plot device when you want to boost sales, or a.... You know what I mean.

So none of the above is my answer. ;)


message 18: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments The answer is, in fact, 5.

Although Uncle Ben does get points for being dead the longest.


message 19: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Trike wrote: "The answer is, in fact, 5.

Although Uncle Ben does get points for being dead the longest."


i said 5 and then edited it! argh!


message 20: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share I'm writing another quiz atm.


message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 28 comments Nice Alistair.


message 22: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments Scott wrote: "Did they actually bring Ben back?"

'Fraid so.

Nothing is sacred.


message 23: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Jammer (tommyjammer) | 153 comments Mod
Alistair wrote: "Hi all,

I've found that most of the quizzes out there are a bit shallow on questions and knowledge. If you want some fun, please have a go at my quiz :)


https://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/res......"


Nice quiz Alistair.


message 24: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share Thank you tommy. :)


message 25: by The Lion's Share (new)

The Lion's Share New Quiz below for anyone that wants to have a go.


https://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/res...

any requests are welcome.


message 26: by Tiamatty (new)

Tiamatty | 84 comments 29 of 35 - 82%.

Though, for the record, one of the answers is wrong. There are actually 7 Infinity Gems. The 7th is just from a really stupid story and never gets brought up. But there is a 7th.


back to top