The Geek Girls Book Club discussion

General Info > September 2015! We're back baby!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (NikkiSticks) | 413 comments Mod
What did you think about this month's book? Your thoughts are welcome right here.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (ratatosk) | 26 comments Listened to the audiobook (read by Day with intro by JOSS WHEDON) on our way to Utah, putting it on a list with Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Good book. Emphasized hard with parts. The last chapter, about the tsunami of grief she got from GamerGate, was hard to read. What an awful, awful thing.

Glad she's in the world.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Laura wrote: "Listened to the audiobook (read by Day with intro by JOSS WHEDON) on our way to Utah, putting it on a list with Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Good book. Emphasized hard with parts. The last chapter,..."

I agree, it is hard to know how awful that situation was for her, but she certainly is a total joy!

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I'm with Laura on this one, I loved the book. Before reading it I knew of Felicia, but not much. Growing up with a bad internet connection means I miss out on a lot of Youtube/streaming stuff. But, since reading it I've watched all of The Guild.

I was surprised at how the book affected me. The stories about her anxiety, and WoW-ing especially. And I actually cried for her dog when she was scared for him at the end.

What a lovely lady she is. I too am glad she's in our World.

Thanks for choosing this book, it's opened up lots of doors for me :) :) :)

message 6: by Nicole (new)

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (psitssarahh) I LOVED this book. I think I could talk to everyone and anyone about how much I love this book. I think Felicia is amazing, and the world is better for having her in it and for the release of this book. Great recommendation.

message 8: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa I've been on a auto-bio/biography tear this year, and Felicia's was one the better ones. Although Jim Henson: The Biography was also really incredible.

Quick side question, was the podcast just a short fling for the summer? It was fun, although I can see it might be hard to find time for it all year. :)

message 9: by Nicole (new)

We will be doing more podcasts, but kind of as a fun side note, instead of on a regular schedule. I'll be sure to post when new episodes are up!