Fringe Fiction discussion

Read and Review/ARC Requests > ARC Review Request- Crime- Opium Warfare

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (last edited Aug 17, 2015 01:36PM) (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 1398 comments Mod
Hey Everyone,
I just recently finished my upcoming 4th novel, Opium Warfare. It is a Crime/Psychological Thriller and it will be released late next month. Before it’s release I would like to get some reviews for it, at least 10. Also, if you enjoy the book I may ask for some kind words or words from your review to use as a testimonial that will be featured in the book trailer and website, pending your approval of course.
If your interested in reading and reviewing the book before it’s released to the public please let me know and I will gladly send you a copy.

Sample: Chapter 1 - Reminiscence

As a boy, I remember my father telling me a bedtime story about the day my grandfather was decapitated. Sure, it seems like an odd tale to tell a young boy, but I was strong and my father knew I could handle it. He told me because he wanted me to know about our family, where we came from, the struggles we overcame and that started with my grandfather, who was in the fur trade like his father. Business boomed, but only because he made a deal with another man to help him with the money. When business got bad, the money decreased and when my grandfather couldn’t pay his debt, he couldn’t pay the man back, and it was in that moment that things changed forever. My father always said he knew not of the details of what happened entirely, but knew my grandfather got his head taken off because he could not pay the man back. He also told me there was a myth behind the cruel act, but swore to tell me when I got older. He never did after all. I always suspected it being due to something along the lines of my grandfather’s head rolling down the top of a hill of the opium fields where he was killed…I always liked to mix my imagination together with the rumors.

message 2: by Justin (new)

A few places where you can find out more about the book:

Opium Warfare Book Group(Always welcome to new members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/72593...

Summary and Introduction: http://jbienvenue.webs.com/OW%20Summa...

The Opium Warfare Pinterest Board: https://www.pinterest.com/justinbienv...

Find out which character in the book you are with the Opium Warfare Character Quiz: https://www.onlineassessmenttool.com/...

message 3: by Riley (last edited Aug 18, 2015 07:36AM) (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 125 comments I can't garuntee I'll have it read before it comes out(slow reader here xD) I would gladly take a copy and add it to be next read. Rileyamosreviews at gmail dot com I prefer a mobi format.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Riley wrote: "I can't garuntee I'll have it read before it comes out(slow reader here xD) I would gladly take a copy and add it to be next read. Rileyamosreviews at gmail dot com I prefer a mobi format."

Thanks for the interest Riley. I actually based this thread after yours on here because it was so well done and informative without being all self promoting.

I am still working on getting some things done for the book but I will add you to the list of people to get a pre-release copy.

message 5: by Riley (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 125 comments Be sure to catch all the specialty groups that fit the genre too. I couldn't believe how many there were dedicated just to Zombies when I started looking.

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 1890 comments Mod
What Riley said - some even spotlight honest review exchanges :)

message 7: by Justin (new)

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to look into it.

message 8: by Justin (new)

Hey Everyone, just letting you know I'm still looking for reviewers for the book. I plan on releasing the book on the 25th so there's still time to read the book and give your thoughts before it's released.

message 9: by Riley (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 125 comments I enjoyed it!

message 10: by Justin (new)

Opium Warfare by Justin Bienvenue Opium Warfare has received a few reviews. See what everyone is saying about it so far.

If you like what you hear just let me know and I'll send you a copy to read and review.

message 11: by Justin (new)

Still looking to get some reviews for the book. If your interested please let me know and I will send you over a copy.

message 12: by E.Y.E.-D (new)

E.Y.E.-D (eye-d) I would definitely be interested in reading this.

message 13: by Justin (new)

E.Y.E.-D wrote: "I would definitely be interested in reading this."

Thanks for the interest. What's your e-mail? I will send you over a copy.

message 14: by Justin (new)

So far I have been mostly satisfied with how the requests for reviews have gone and the content of the reviews themselves. While on here it seems as though I haven't received many requests I have been fortunate to have received them in other places and I have been more than gracious to send copies.

I have several potential reviews waiting and even one will come from Shanghai as I have peeked the interest of a reviewer there. So again if anyone is interested in reading and reviewing the book please let me know and I will gladly send you a copy.

Thanks,
Justin

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments just bought my copy and got it in the mail (along with the rest of your books i believe). Soon as i get caught up on my other books i'll start up on all of them :)

message 16: by Justin (new)

Oh wow, thank you Michael. I hope you enjoy them all!

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments no problem Justin! I look forward to getting to them